Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 14, 2019, 01:28:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: aaaaaghhhhhh  (Read 11129 times)
steelballs
Attacked the Timelord

« on: March 26, 2009, 06:48:53 PM »

I'm sure you all will have experienced stuff like this, something I got talking to about with someone recently and I thought it might be a nice post, if it's already been done then I apologise and please remove this post!!!

Ever have a moment when you wanted to kill the seller of something you bought at a flea market or via the internet?

Two that stuck out for me was the seller on a flea market in Eindhoven, I saw a really nice G7000 in the box(which I didn't have at that time) box was in almost perfect condition, few games with it none of note. When I asked him if the console was complete he proceded to rip open the box from bottom to top to let me see what was inside, it happened so quick I couldn't stop him!!!!!!!! Angry

The other was the 2nd attempt at a nice boxed G7000 that arrived with my address written on an A4 and stuck to the front of the videopac box with brown parcel tape!!!!! Angry

I'm sure someone here can beat that!   Smiley

grgh
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 06:55:43 PM »

The one I wanted to slap was a G7200 I bought on ebay.fr with a load of games. He chucked them all in a big box with extra space, no padding or anything. It was a miracle there was only minor damage to some of the game cases, and the console was actually fine.

At least you hadn't handed over any money yet  Smiley

Usually I just want to throw muck at people who outbid me  Grin

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:05:31 PM »

I'm sure you all will have experienced stuff like this, something I got talking to about with someone recently and I thought it might be a nice post, if it's already been done then I apologise and please remove this post!!!

Ever have a moment when you wanted to kill the seller of something you bought at a flea market or via the internet?

Two that stuck out for me was the seller on a flea market in Eindhoven, I saw a really nice G7000 in the box(which I didn't have at that time) box was in almost perfect condition, few games with it none of note. When I asked him if the console was complete he proceded to rip open the box from bottom to top to let me see what was inside, it happened so quick I couldn't stop him!!!!!!!! Angry

The other was the 2nd attempt at a nice boxed G7000 that arrived with my address written on an A4 and stuck to the front of the videopac box with brown parcel tape!!!!! Angry

I'm sure someone here can beat that!   Smiley

Ouch, that blows!  I hate it when people snipe me on ebay 1 second before the end!
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 10:34:17 PM »

I've had that same experience twice! (Both eBay auctions.)

One was a boxed Odyssey 500, the other was a boxed Interton 2800. Both had the same brown parcel tape, the box of the Odyssey 500 even had gotten a large hole during shipping which was taped together by the shipping company.  Angry Angry Angry  I was so mad that I completely ripped the box to pieces and threw it away.

Those stupid sellers don't seem to understand that for a collector a console with it's original box is worth a lot more than a loose console.
grgh

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 12:09:21 AM »

Nowadays I always send a message to the sellers telling them I'm more interested in the box than the console, I did that just a couple of weeks ago with a G7401 box.

steelballs
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 07:29:53 AM »

I do exactly the same thing these days, send the seller a message asking if they can put it "the boxed console in another box" and pack it thoughtfully.

Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 11:50:10 AM »

These are great ideas, I will be sure to do the same when I need to.
Gorf
Attacked the Timelord

Gorfians take no prisoners!

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 01:31:17 PM »

Now this guy is a horses ass. You can't be much more than a complete idiot to rip open the
box of a collectible like that. Has this fool been living under a rock? Worse yet, it shows that
this guy does little if any homework on the stuff he sells. He probably got it for nothing and
could have got a nice buck for it.

That is pretty unbelievable. Worthy of Ripley's even.
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 04:16:03 PM »

I've had too many bad eBay encounters to remember. One of the worst was a set of 20 O2 cart, with boxes. The guy actually duct tapes the boxes together, instead of just packaging them well, and shipped them to me. And I originally of course bought them because of the boxes. When I got that packaged, I was rather upset.
And typical ebay fashion, I didn't get any money back or such. Sad

grgh

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 08:59:55 PM »

Hearing these stories, I think I've actually been quite lucky! So lets all take on board, it is worth sending one message after winning about not destroying game or console boxes, and that it is what you have actually won it for.

It's a side effect of what we collect, lots of the stuff comes in cardboard.

steelballs
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 11:20:17 PM »

Didn't think I'd be the only one!

I also must add that I have had more than my fair share of very good sellers including the one who packaged a G7000 with what seemed like 6 months worth of his daily newspaper for me to dispose of!  Cheesy

Janzl
Administrator

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 12:13:27 PM »

I haven't really had any strange experiences. The only odd thing happening to me was a Colecovision blowing up after switching it on. I am sure you can remember Steelballs. The other bad seller experience I had that I could buy a G7200 for 150 guilders (say ?75). I had to make an almost 2 hour drive and then the seller told me somebody else offered her 250 guilders for it. I was not very happy with that but I ripped her of by buying a #48 backgammon for 25 guilders (?12,50) so that made my day a bit better.  Evil

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 01:29:35 PM »

I haven't really had any strange experiences. The only odd thing happening to me was a Colecovision blowing up after switching it on. I am sure you can remember Steelballs. The other bad seller experience I had that I could buy a G7200 for 150 guilders (say ?75). I had to make an almost 2 hour drive and then the seller told me somebody else offered her 250 guilders for it. I was not very happy with that but I ripped her of by buying a #48 backgammon for 25 guilders (?12,50) so that made my day a bit better.  Evil

Dang, that stinks!  Here we have something called craigslist where you post items and people can show up to your house to buy them.  My brother and dad went to pick up a bike (it wasn't that far but still, maybe 15 minutes) and she sold it to someone else!  Not fun at all.
steelballs
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 02:36:30 PM »

If I'm not mistaken Janzl I was there when that "lovely lady" told you the G7200 wasn't going to be sold for 150 guilders, and yes I do remember seeing backgammon change hands for an amount I would happily have paid  Cheesy

And now that I think about it didn't the colecovision come from the same seller? but didn't she replace it or refund you? It's a few years ago, I remember hooking up the coleco in our old flat and everybody getting excited to play on it and "bang" followed closely by "whats that smell" ? that sucked!!!!  Angry

dronspa
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 03:55:04 PM »

xddd   Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: