Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 08, 2019, 04:11:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: aaaaaghhhhhh  (Read 11126 times)
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 08:01:18 PM »

I almost lost a winning bid on a vetrex. I was on vacation in spain, and had my laptop with me. Seems like nobody cared to secure there wireless network there. So i was looking on marktplaats and saw a vetrex, for 25 euro, nobody had offered on this for over a month, i wrote the seller that i wanted to buy it for 25 euro, and told him to take it of marktplaats, since it still would be 1 week before i got back from vacation.
When i was back i had to bring my wife to school, and decided to pick it up. So i gave him a call and said that i wanted to pick it up since i was in eindhoven, where he lived. He told me somebody else did a bid of 35 euro, i said i pay him the same amount and i would pick it up. He was oke with that, but i told him afterwards that i didn't like that he didn't hold his word. I got 5 euro back, so ended up paying 30 euro's for it. Still not bad for a vec.

A few months ago i was like 5 minutes to late to get myself a 32x. There is a weekly market here and it had been there for a long time, but since i had all ready send to much money i had to leave it. When i was able to buy it a other collecter was just before me and decided to leave the 2600 he had chosen to buy the 32x Sad.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 08:05:07 PM by Seob » Logged

8 bits of fun
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 09:17:13 PM »

That's one of the reasons to avoid Marktplaats.
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 11:20:24 AM »

If I'm not mistaken Janzl I was there when that "lovely lady" told you the G7200 wasn't going to be sold for 150 guilders, and yes I do remember seeing backgammon change hands for an amount I would happily have paid  Cheesy

Yup that's the "lovely" lady back up north hahaha MiekesGayRoom or something like that. Her website is long gone now... I still remember us walking out of her door thinking "what the f*** was that" hahaha. You were a bit jealous of her gameroom but yours has outgrown hers by plenty by now I guess.

And now that I think about it didn't the colecovision come from the same seller? but didn't she replace it or refund you? It's a few years ago, I remember hooking up the coleco in our old flat and everybody getting excited to play on it and "bang" followed closely by "whats that smell" ? that sucked!!!!  Angry

Thats right, it came from the same seller. It really smelled like burned electronics, and I still remember the little cloud rising out of the coleco which finally made us realise that something was wrong. She replaced it with another Coleco which worked.

I also made the worst trade in my life with her. I was just starting to collect and I thought the G7000 was really really rare. Yes I too have had that phase... so I traded my Amiga 3000 for a G7000. Every once in a while I still crawl into a little dark corner and weep for a while over that.  Cry  Cheesy

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Gorf
Attacked the Timelord

Gorfians take no prisoners!

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 01:05:02 PM »

I've had too many bad eBay encounters to remember. One of the worst was a set of 20 O2 cart, with boxes. The guy actually duct tapes the boxes together, instead of just packaging them well, and shipped them to me. And I originally of course bought them because of the boxes. When I got that packaged, I was rather upset.
And typical ebay fashion, I didn't get any money back or such. Sad

I call that place E-Whore.
steelballs
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 10:04:04 PM »

Yup that's the "lovely" lady back up north hahaha MiekesGayRoom or something like that. Her website is long gone now... I still remember us walking out of her door thinking "what the f*** was that" hahaha. You were a bit jealous of her gameroom but yours has outgrown hers by plenty by now I guess.

I was indeed a bit jealous when I saw it all back then, but I have most of what I saw back then in the collection and I managed to stay sane doing it...........I think.................. Wink

Thats right, it came from the same seller. It really smelled like burned electronics, and I still remember the little cloud rising out of the coleco which finally made us realise that something was wrong. She replaced it with another Coleco which worked.

Which reminds me, my purchase after our 4 hr round road trip was (drum roll) Dr. Seuss for the coleco........nothing more nothing less as her prices were quite insane for the majority of items.

I also made the worst trade in my life with her. I was just starting to collect and I thought the G7000 was really really rare. Yes I too have had that phase... so I traded my Amiga 3000 for a G7000. Every once in a while I still crawl into a little dark corner and weep for a while over that.  Cry  Cheesy
[/quote]

Thats nothing when I started collecting, someone dragged me from one side of a huge fleamarket to the other to convince me I had to buy munchkin as it may be the only chance I had to buy it.................who was that again??? Huh?

Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 04:31:28 PM »

Thats nothing when I started collecting, someone dragged me from one side of a huge fleamarket to the other to convince me I had to buy munchkin as it may be the only chance I had to buy it.................who was that again??? Huh?

Gee... erm... don't know... who was that again?

Oh my god... I feel so exposed now  Embarrassed  Cheesy

Did you ever find another by the way...  Roll Eyes

grgh

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 07:11:16 PM »

I've got an EXCEPTIONALLY RARE paperbox version for sale, the cart comes in one box with a 3 on the front, and the manual comes in a separate box with an 8 on the front  Evil

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 08:27:44 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

well thats the end of my reputation as a serious collector  Cry

steelballs
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 10:21:17 PM »

Sorry Janzl, couldn't resist that one!  Wink I was fortunate enough to come across at least another 3000 copies (okay maybe not 3000 but you know what I mean) after that incident so I guess I was extremely lucky to find so many rare games......................

But don't worry about it, I remember paying way too much for an Atari jr back in my early days of collecting. 

How much do you want for that EXTREMELY RARE paperbox version George???  Wink

grgh

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2009, 01:07:15 AM »

Well it's a double pack of course, which makes it twice as rare, which means it must be twice as rare and expensive as an O3 console what was extortionately and unrealistically priced recently, which put this proto paperbox 38 at a poultry THIRTEEN THOUSAND US DOLLARS.

Strangely enough the O3 seller previously mentioned seems to have stopped emailing me since I stated that I would not pay such a ridiculous price, and you know I pay good money where it's due, so it looks like he'll be keeping it.

steelballs
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 07:33:05 AM »

Sounds quite reasonable to me, what about postage? I recently paid $4,000 for a G7000 that had been signed by "Benny Hill" so I have no concept or rarity anyway.  Smiley

I saw that thread on the O3, can't imagine anyone parting with that kind of money

grgh

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 08:49:05 AM »

hmmm... let me see... it's so ultra rare that it'll have to go with armed guards, and then we wouldn't want anyone trying to take it on the plane so it would need a private jet, then we'll need armoured cars each end... Lets just call it a round ?1 MILLION.

steelballs
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2009, 07:19:15 AM »

Let me think about it and I'll get back to you asap, it truly sounds like a bargain.....

Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 09:18:23 PM »

You should take a fighter plane to ship it, so it can defend itself against high-jackers. It also has flare's so it can defend itself against missiles. Or maybe a chopper would be better, since it doesn't need a long runway. So you can deliver it right at steelballs garden. I'm sure he has a chopper landing pad in the garden.

8 bits of fun
grgh

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2009, 12:53:17 AM »

Can you just remind me, was the going rate for a fighter jet about $50 MILLION?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: