Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 14, 2019, 09:36:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shoe spamming  (Read 2961 times)
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« on: April 05, 2009, 11:08:13 AM »

Some people already noticed the "Shoe Spammer" on this forum. They have been here a couple of times and have been banned a couple of times but somehow they manage to peep back in. I now have all the possible banning options on them and I hope that the problem is solved this way.

Unfortunately it is quite hard to make the forum "waterproof". When a new member joins I get a message from the forum saying somebody wants to become a member. Then I check the email adres and and when it looks "fishy" I remove them. However just judging by the email adres is kinda hard because I am always a bit worried to delete somebody who is serious about joining the forum. So when I am not sure I allow them to join. This way there is still a slight chance of spammers to find there way in. Fortunately eveybodys personel info is well hidden and there is no chance that email adresses are going to end up on spam-lists.

I also check the forum everyday. The last few days a little less as I have been suffering with some serious back-problems but they have almost dissapeared now.

Every time I discover spam, the messages and / or topics are removed and the members are banned. I used to warn them first but now I immediately remove them.

Still, if anyone discovers any spam, please report it to me.

Thanx!

Janzl
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 01:36:31 PM by Janzl » Logged

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 10:18:29 PM »

Hey, no problem. I've run a forum before (and a secret one now). It is almost 100% impossible to keep spammers out.

steelballs
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 10:02:47 PM »

I'm just sitting here on the couch really confused trying to work out what a "Shoe spammer" looks like........ Smiley

Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 09:55:11 PM »

ISn't a shoe spammer somebody who trows shoes at somebody else if they don't want it?

8 bits of fun
grgh
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 08:51:54 AM »

Yeah but this is an internet era shoe spammer, so he has to carry millions of shoes and throw them at random.

I picture someone with an adapted tennis ball thrower strapped to their chest, and a million shoes balanced on their head with a feeder pipe down their back to the launcher. They walk very strangely trying to keep the shoes balanced...

I've just had an idea for a new game  Cheesy

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 03:31:26 PM »

I've just had an idea for a new game  Cheesy

That would be the first positive side-effect of spam!  Grin
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 01:15:48 PM »

Great, who is going to program it for the o2? You could score points if you hit a famous politician, and get minus points if you hit innocent bystanders.

8 bits of fun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: