Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 09, 2022, 06:12:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum will disappear in April 2023 please check this topic!

Home   Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW PCB's  (Read 20755 times)
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 08:05:44 PM »

The traces are clear to see so if you need to cut the plastic.  Hopefully it wouldn't need to be modified to the point of relocating a trace.
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 08:36:22 PM »

Silly question, do they fit in a videopac cartridge? Since you're talking about the o2. I thought they had identical cartridges.

8 bits of fun
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 09:18:01 PM »

Features:

- fits in standard Videopac cartridge case

Rene_G7400
Pedit5

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 09:24:25 PM »

The traces are clear to see so if you need to cut the plastic.  Hopefully it wouldn't need to be modified to the point of relocating a trace.

No, for an Odyssey2 cartridge case the holes would need to be 2 to 3 mm further away from the cartridge connector.
Rene_G7400
Pedit5

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 11:17:15 PM »

So I assume nobody is interested in ordering a few of these new PCB's now?
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 02:32:31 AM »

So I assume nobody is interested in ordering a few of these new PCB's now?

I'd wait a bit. May take a bit of time, but I would think that homebrew folks would want these. I would, if I was doing one.

ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 04:31:49 PM »

If I continue getting for Robot City then the 1st batch of PCB's will be taken up. I think I have about 60 orders and we will only be producing 75 PCB's.

I have 12"
Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2009, 03:40:09 AM »

So this is just a limited thing? Or will more be done at a later date?

Rene_G7400
Pedit5

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2009, 02:05:40 PM »

75 PCB's will be produced now for Robot City. I will send the order to the manufacturer on August 11, so if you hurry you can still order some PCB's.
More PCB's can be produced later, but the price per PCB will be lower if I order more than 50 of them.
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2009, 03:17:19 PM »

how much is one PCB if you take 100 ?

The problem I see is that you still need to buy old cartridges for the cases (which also should be all of the european kind, meaning no Odyssey2 or USA produced Videopac carts) - so for a release its actually cheaper to just modify the PCBs you anyway have inside the cases ...

on a plus side: the new PCBs are definitly of higher quality, as they are not 30 years old and a lot easier to solder than the old ones Smiley

sex, lies, and videopac
Rene_G7400
Pedit5

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2009, 10:32:13 PM »

For 75 PCB's we need to pay $3 per PCB.

For 100 PCB's it will be approximately $2.66 per PCB.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 12:49:31 AM by Rene_G7400 » Logged
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 03:57:32 PM »

how much is one PCB if you take 100 ?

The problem I see is that you still need to buy old cartridges for the cases (which also should be all of the european kind, meaning no Odyssey2 or USA produced Videopac carts) - so for a release its actually cheaper to just modify the PCBs you anyway have inside the cases ...

on a plus side: the new PCBs are definitly of higher quality, as they are not 30 years old and a lot easier to solder than the old ones Smiley

It is stupidly expensive to produce new cartridge cases, we have had a forum member look at producing cases in China and even this was expensive. So buying a load of old cart cases if cheaper, or better still buy some from a collector! I have just binned over 100 old PCB's, these mainly had some of the more common games on them. I think I found a new Pick Axe Pete PROM pcb type, it appears dutch and french pick axe pete PCB construction was different.  Secondly modifying a PCB is a pain in the arse, and the quality of the release will be compromised, so thats why I decided to get new PCB's oredred.

I have 12"
Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2009, 05:53:58 AM »

Sorry to forget, but was the cart case on this forum? And if so, where? I don't recall there being an actual price for the cases stated. I still would love to see it done. If they can do it for the Vectrex, they sure can do it for the old O2/VP.

ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 10:00:42 AM »

Sean Kelly did the Vectrex carts and I looked into doing it but it will cost several thousand Euros just to produce the last and then there is the cost of pressing the cases alone. If you have CNC milling equipment then this is actually pretty easy. Vectrex also has a big fan base than the Videopac so as a consequence an author can reap his money back, I'll just about break even producing Robot City.

I have 12"
grgh
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 10:22:25 AM »

Sorry to forget, but was the cart case on this forum? And if so, where? I don't recall there being an actual price for the cases stated. I still would love to see it done. If they can do it for the Vectrex, they sure can do it for the old O2/VP.

http://www.videopac.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=739&highlight=china
http://www.videopac.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=613&highlight=china  *price here
http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php?topic=149.0

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: