Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 24, 2018, 08:10:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smithereens!  (Read 2114 times)
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« on: August 03, 2009, 04:12:56 AM »

The August game of the month is Smithereens!  This is a voice game that brings back a lot of memories for me.  It takes two to play (I suppose you could control both sides but thats not as fun) so grab a friend and start heaving rocks at each other! 
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 09:49:00 AM »

This game was one of the reasons for me to start learning 8048 assembly. I wanted to combine the beautiful background of the Videopac+ version with the Voice sounds and scoring of the Odyssey2 version.
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 11:55:02 AM »

We played this game a lot when we were kids. I remember counting the seconds you had to pull the joystick down to hit the other tower. After a while we all new the timing for each stage of damage to the opponent's tower. So the game became a real race. Still a pity they didn't add a single player version.

The plus version background is the best of all the plus games. It really makes the game a lot nicer to look at and it doesn't interfere.

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 06:52:22 AM »

Watch out for that ROCK!
Ozyr
Give this man a Jopac!

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 07:22:37 AM »

I've played it a bit, but not much (short on time). I do like the game, I just wish you didn't need two people.

One odd thing, and I'm not sure if it is just me, but the Voice freaks out once in a while on this game. The sound will change from normal to crackly and odd sounds. Normally it corrects itself after a bit, but not always.

Besides the blocky dude, I do find this game enjoyable, even with the castle pieces made out of the 'dude' guys body part!  Roll Eyes

Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 05:23:06 PM »

Yeah I love this one!  This is a real good party Odyssey 2 game if you have people over because as simple as it is it is fun.  Hopefully when I am a less poor college student (hehe) I can afford to import a modded G7400 from Europe and play the plus version because it looks amazing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: