Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 10, 2019, 09:13:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Expect downtime on 2009-08-29  (Read 7725 times)
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 10:23:34 PM »

I was wondering what had happened. Since yesterday i had some trouble with my internet connection and my macbook.
It started when i wanted to swap my internet modem. I switch to internet and voice over ip, so i got a new modem from my provider. Since i didn't need the telephone function yet, till the end of the year i still have a normal phone line, i didn't connect the modem until yesterday. It went online, but i couldn't get the internet pages to work. Even my burglary alarm that uses ip to contact couldn't dial out. Then of course i turned to the manual, why read first  Wink, i noticed i had to enter a code to get the modem to work. Since i already had a modem from this provider it needed to switch the data traffic to the new modem. But i placed the letter where the code was in, in a place i didn't remember. So i thought i switch my old modem back so i can find the letter later. But the old one didn't work anymore. They must have diverted the data traffic to my new modem, when it logged itself on to the system. Later when my wife got home she told me where to find it, and i was able to get my internet back to work.
Apart from my internet problems i was also trying to revitalize my macbook who had stopped working when i was looking a ww2 docu on it. After resetting every thing that was possible, it still didn't boot, and sometimes it didn't power up either.
I managed to get it to boot 2 times but when i moved it it the screen went black. Looking on my restored internet i read about a early problem with the macbook and a heatsink that expended to much, causing a short circuit. But after my book was cooled down, it still didn't boot. I was starting to think that my harddisk had broken. Then i thought that pulling out the memory and reinstalling them could help. And luckily that was the trick. One of the memorychips had come loose causing the book not to boot.

Glad you're up again.

8 bits of fun
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 11:08:38 PM »

Don't you just love computers  Cheesy

I bought a brand new pc half a year ago and after 1 day it didn't boot. I tried everything but nothing worked. I already called the company and they told me to bring it in. Just before I did my girlfriend had the bright idea to remove an SD-card which I had put in the cardreader. After first declaring her as insane I still removed the memory card and guess what... it booted... sounds logical doesn't it!

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 11:21:11 PM »

Maybe the bios was enabled to boot from usb devices, so it sounds logical to me, since a cardreader is a usb device. Looks like the boot priority is also set to first usb then harddisk.

8 bits of fun
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 11:28:20 PM »

Maybe the bios was enabled to boot from usb devices, so it sounds logical to me, since a cardreader is a usb device. Looks like the boot priority is also set to first usb then harddisk.

Yeah thats what I was thinking.
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 07:16:54 AM »

Thanks guys, i'll check that out!

steelballs
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 07:25:21 AM »

Is the search for limbless orphans definitely off?? I ask because I located some orphans and was planning to organise the limbless part myself but if you say it's not needed anymore it could save some unneccessary pain,.................

Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 07:48:14 AM »

Well, we could always organize a party off course  Evil

grgh

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 09:13:16 AM »

Since we had unexpected downtime yesterday, which I did notice and so started to pack my hunting bag, I don't think we should call it off just yet in case the provider has more problems.

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 01:48:58 PM »

I will open a temp forum just in case. lol Just kidding.
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 05:52:28 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy you are banned for life!!!  Evil Evil Wink

Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 08:41:25 PM »

Hey guys look what I found!

Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 12:34:59 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy you are banned for life!!!  Evil Evil Wink

Hahahaha!
steelballs
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 07:23:25 AM »

Is it just me or do some people have too much spare time?  Cheesy

manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 07:55:09 AM »

Hey guys look what I found!

my goooooooooood !!  I laughed so much and was not able to explain to my wife why this is funny :-)

especially the "normal" and "limbless" characters ... someone should really make a game out of this ... like "search for the lost limbs" ...

sex, lies, and videopac
grgh

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 11:22:49 AM »

especially the "normal" and "limbless" characters ... someone should really make a game out of this ... like "search for the lost limbs" ...

HAHAHA I laughed my head off at exactly the same thing (no headless pictures please), only I'm at work so now a whole bunch of people are looking at me over the partitions. They just wont appreciate the edited videopac character.

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: