Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
January 28, 2020, 09:48:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New multi-cart 233 in 1  (Read 14834 times)
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 09:09:35 PM »

I suppose he just put everything he could find on the internet on it.
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 09:56:59 PM »

Yes, anyway it?son good hands.
immergruen
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 10:40:42 PM »

I agree with Rafael. Well, he doesn't earn any money with that, but spends a lot of work on it to make these games or demos playable on a real system and not on the emulator.
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 10:50:40 PM »

but thats games on there which are still on sale at packrat ... hurting the sales of the authors of these games ...

sex, lies, and videopac
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 10:39:38 AM »

but thats games on there which are still on sale at packrat ... hurting the sales of the authors of these games ...

I actually agree with you for once Roll Eyes John is a great guy and a fine author of many games for the Vectrex / Colecovision / & the VP but he should have at least asked Packrat (or the authors of the games) if he could put them on his new cart. Perhaps he has a profit split deal with Packrat  Huh?

I have 12"
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 03:03:27 AM »

Depends on how you look at it. I buy all the releases, and the Multi-cart! JMHO

Plus, has anyone asked John about this?

manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 08:20:13 AM »

Depends on how you look at it. I buy all the releases, and the Multi-cart! JMHO

I guess most of us here do ... unfortunatly not everyone else ...

Plus, has anyone asked John about this?

anyone in contact with him?
Rene: did he ask you if he can include Pong ?

sex, lies, and videopac
Rene_G7400
Pedit5

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 09:32:05 AM »

Rene: did he ask you if he can include Pong ?

No, he didn't. But I'm not complaining as I will get a free multicart.  Smiley
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 09:49:17 AM »

Hope you're right rene.
But in a twisted way, most of us who publish games do the same. Has anyone ever asked permission to the authors of the original games, we are now publishing? Like spiderman, tutankham, robot city and others?
Think the programmer of martian thread was asked permission, but i'm not sure on that.

8 bits of fun
Rene_G7400
Pedit5

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 10:52:24 AM »

Has anyone ever asked permission to the authors of the original games, we are now publishing? Like spiderman, tutankham, robot city and others?

Most of those programmers don't own the rights of these games, but companies like Philips do.
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 12:25:50 PM »

Hope you're right rene.
But in a twisted way, most of us who publish games do the same. Has anyone ever asked permission to the authors of the original games, we are now publishing? Like spiderman, tutankham, robot city and others?
Think the programmer of martian thread was asked permission, but i'm not sure on that.

The difference is that those games are no longer / have never been on sale (which does not make it right in a juristical sense but somehow in an ethical :-) ) while the homebrew games are still sold and some people who want to play the games on the original system will by the multicart INSTEAD of the original cart ...

sex, lies, and videopac
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 02:43:59 PM »

Hah, this thread makes me laugh, some of the GSW games are so steeped in mystery that we dont know who programmed what or even where the programmers are so how can we ask permission!! I have no idea who programmed the Crazy Horses game for example.

I have 12"
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »

while the homebrew games are still sold and some people who want to play the games on the original system will by the multicart INSTEAD of the original cart ...

I agree but I also think it might HELP sell homebrew/prototype carts.  Some of us would rather play the real thing, not emulators, to see if we like games before buying them.  I typically won't buy a game unless:
A). I have played it before, on a real system, and like it.
B). I have played other games by the person(s) releasing the game (Dieter for one) and appreciate the first class work they put into the box and instructions.

Some games are difficult to play on an emulator but they are great on a real system.  Having the game on a multi-cart helps.
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2009, 06:04:43 PM »

here's a great article on "try before you buy" pirated games ... (and I am NOT saying that you are doing that RickO2, its just something which your comment reminded me off)  - apparently not one person who "tries" the full version of a game on the iPhone buys it ... besides playing it a lot ...

http://smellslikedonkey.com/wordpress/?page_id=274

The whole "I want to try a game/CD/movie/food/car at home before I buy it" doesn't really work in the real world ... it might in the Odyssey2 world, but I still doubt it - as I said, people on here buy the quality releases anyway, but its the people who are NOT here and active in the community who wouldn't ...

sex, lies, and videopac
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 09:53:33 PM »

No, he didn't. But I'm not complaining as I will get a free multicart.  Smiley

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tIhwITwhSg

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: