Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
April 10, 2020, 11:30:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tutankham  (Read 9783 times)
gil
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2011, 11:38:15 AM »

Did you write other games for the Videopac? or other systems?
None more for Videopac.

Q*bert, Gyruss, Star Wars, Popeye, Panama Joe for Spectrum (again for Parker). When Parker pulled out of the game market, just as our games came on stream, they sold some of them on to Sinclair. Panama Joe (also known as Montezuma's Revenge), a platform game, was particularly good. We also did Paul Daniels Magic Adventure for Atari, and a couple of our own games for Commodore.

Then we went onto defence work, and never really went back to games.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 02:12:56 PM by gil » Logged
gil

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2011, 01:47:53 PM »

You might try to get in contact with Dieter as he is the one who did the beautifull release of your game. His website is: http://www.classic-consoles-center.at/

Yes, I was in contact with Dieter when he was making the game boxes.

I have been in contact with one of the members from the team at Philips Eindhoven recently but he couldn't remember anything from other teams. Did your team also work on a game called Terrahawks? The person from Eindhoven had an eprom containing that game but he couldn't remember anyone over there working on it. Maybe this game was also from your team. You can check this topic: 

I think Terrahawks may have been a Peter Inser game. He was the Frogger writer, and I know he was doing some kind of space war game when I met him in Eindhoven.
gil

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2011, 02:12:15 PM »

I reaed your interview many years ago and I ever like to know something more about "Lord of The Rings", could you remember something about this project, some draws, histories. It was planned to be a game with some rooms, like Tutankham? I also like to know if you remember something about the Novatrade?s Star Wars devolpment. Do you know if this gane was really started? Again, thanks.

Lord of the Rings was a paper project, and the paper was recycled years ago. As I remember it, it was to be a Quest, loosely based on LOTR, where a hobbit carries a ring, and overcomes various hazards - Nazguls, Gollum, Shelob, Orcs - to Mount Doom to destroy the ring. We did a few sprites to liven it up, and a bit of scenery. It really was at the stage of a proposal rather than a project.

Yes, Novatrade had some actual working screens of ATAT walkers, teddy bears (I forget what they were called) and those flying motor bike things. They were using a cross-compiler on a DEC machine and they had a big team, so it was going quite quickly. We were impressed with them, technically. They were gutted when Parker pulled the plug.
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2011, 09:08:23 PM »

I had a contact person at Novatrade a few years ago. Unfortunately he didn't know anything about their Videopac games. I tried to find someone other of Novatrade, but with no success so far.

Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2011, 12:37:28 AM »

Lord of the Rings was a paper project, and the paper was recycled years ago. As I remember it, it was to be a Quest, loosely based on LOTR, where a hobbit carries a ring, and overcomes various hazards - Nazguls, Gollum, Shelob, Orcs - to Mount Doom to destroy the ring. We did a few sprites to liven it up, and a bit of scenery. It really was at the stage of a proposal rather than a project.
It?s a shame that you, your son and the Amazon team came late to Videopac. It?s sounds really good and like Tutankham seems was planned to be a game rich in characteres, it?s another great thing in Tutankham since in Odyssey/Videopac world we used to figth against balls and trees. It?s also a shame that you don?t have more the paper plans, I ever dreamed to see a Videopac game in paper stage.

Yes, Novatrade had some actual working screens of ATAT walkers, teddy bears (I forget what they were called) and those flying motor bike things. They were using a cross-compiler on a DEC machine and they had a big team, so it was going quite quickly. We were impressed with them, technically. They were gutted when Parker pulled the plug.
Great info, I ever thought the Novatrade was planning a SW series game called "Empire Strikes Back", but by your info it seems to be "Ewok Adventure". Again, thanks by your time.
gil

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 02:38:31 PM »

I had a contact person at Novatrade a few years ago. Unfortunately he didn't know anything about their Videopac games. I tried to find someone other of Novatrade, but with no success so far.
The guy I remember best from Novatrade was Hungarian, called Cezar - I forget his surname. He wrote a game for Commodore where a monster danced on the screen and you had to shoot bits off him. Rather cruel, really, but there may be someone who remembers the author of that game.
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2011, 05:24:22 PM »

Maybe can be this one: Huh?
http://www.lemon64.com/?mainurl=http%3A//www.lemon64.com/games/details.php%3FID%3D620
gil

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 10:53:50 AM »

Looks like it, but no mention of Cezar...
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2011, 05:19:49 PM »

We also did Paul Daniels Magic Adventure for Atari, and a couple of our own games for Commodore.

I interessed to know more about your work, can you list the games you wrote?
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2011, 07:22:53 AM »

Gil, Thanks so much for your work on Tutankham!  It is an incredible game.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: