Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
April 10, 2020, 12:28:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Odyssey 2 - am i having a slight problem ?  (Read 1955 times)
2100_A.D.
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« on: January 24, 2010, 11:58:45 PM »

well, i noticed recently that my o2 the picture isn't as clear as it normally is, and there's some speckles on the screen with some games, but not with others. using the joystick causes the game Turtles to have lines appear at the bottom of the TV screen.

Games from 1980 or earlier seem just fine, but later titles like Pick Axe,Monkey Shines, KC seem to have those :speckles:, wondering if the games are dirty the O2, or maybe it's my TV is sensative?
Anyone else have something like this? I did notice playing a few games the speckles go away, but then were back again. It's very minor... but normally my screen looked perfect... so, any tweaking ideas or tips are welcome. Thanks.''

VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 08:22:33 PM »

Hi!
I'll plug my O2 tonignt to try.

Videopac digger
2100_A.D.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 09:36:36 PM »

Hi!
I'll plug my O2 tonignt to try.

Okay. Let me know, if you find any white lines at the bottom of the screen, with the game Turtles. Though, they only appear when I move the joystick left/right.
VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 11:25:49 PM »

Any white line at the bottom of the Turtles screen when I move the pad left or right.
Maybe your TV has a vertical synchro problem. Did you try to connect your O2 to another TV?

Videopac digger
2100_A.D.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 06:00:03 AM »

Well, I did hook it up to another TV, but it's the EXACT same brand of TV. Same white line on turtles... and speckles with Pick Axe, and Monkey Shines.

I'll try my main living room TV tomorrow.

But I think maybe it IS just the TV's... because if the chip or computer was damaged, every game would have the same fuzz/interference?
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 01:35:35 PM »

Maybe the RF modulator inside the Odyssey2 (metal box) is picking up noise generated by the microcontroller.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: