Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
June 18, 2018, 05:42:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spider-Man  (Read 3680 times)
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« on: February 03, 2010, 06:29:58 AM »

"This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-man."

I'm always open to suggestions for the game of the month and it looks like we have some people interested in Spider-Man!  It is time to work on your web shooting skills and test out this "officially" unreleased game.  And remember, "With great power comes great responsibility." 

roadrunner
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:15:03 AM »

Thanks for picking Spider Man as the Game Of The Month  Smiley Wink
I like the title screen for this game. It looks very cool.  Cool

I'll start this month off with a score of 276
I got to level 7

how many munchies can your munchkin munch before your munchkin's all munched out?
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 02:35:49 PM »

OK, This weekend I promise to get some playing time in on Spider-Man.  It is hard to find time to play these days and I feel like I'm neglecting some of my moderator duties.  It sure would be great if someone created an emulator for the i-phone/i-touch so I can play whenever I can get a free second.  Of course that would require me to learn how to load it and for some reason I have horrible luck getting emulators to work properly.  Operator error I'm sure.
Rafael
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 08:29:58 PM »

Today I decided back to Spiderman, since it?s a very cool game. My today?s score:
(after a long time I discovered how to insert an attached directly on the post Smiley)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 08:38:24 PM by Rafael » Logged
Rafael

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 08:36:31 PM »

One of the most interesting thing in Spider is that you can alternate the controls during the same set. Other very interesting thing is the grid scrolling.
Rafael

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 11:37:49 PM »

Well, I have a doubt about the design of high voltage Evil tower. How it was did? Aparentlly it was made useing the grid, but is possible to use 3 vertical lines and use 4 when the grid is fill?
Rene_G7400
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 12:10:23 AM »

Well, I have a doubt about the design of high voltage Evil tower. How it was did? Aparentlly it was made useing the grid, but is possible to use 3 vertical lines and use 4 when the grid is fill?

Yes, gridline E3 is turned on and off by the timer. (On when gridfill is on.)
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 07:05:06 AM »

This game is pissing me off.  I keep falling and running out of time.  43 points is my pathetic high score so far.  What am I doing wrong?
Rene_G7400
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 10:48:13 AM »

This game is pissing me off.  I keep falling and running out of time.  43 points is my pathetic high score so far.  What am I doing wrong?

Watch out for the white windows. There are criminals behind them who will cut your line if it's crossing such a window. Make sure the end of your line is attached to a wall (not a window or air) before you start climbing. Watch out for exploding bombs (red circles). With the body of Spiderman you should touch white windows and grey bombs to earn points and more time.
Rafael

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 02:51:04 PM »

Here?s some things I use to do:
1.Avoid try to catch windows near to the floor, if you make a mistake the risk is high.
2.In the first 3 or 4 levels you have a good time to make many points, so instead go directly to the super bomb, you can back to catch more bombs. For example, if you cacth 10 red bombs and touch the super bomb, you will finish the level with 160 points (you can finish the first level with more than 200 points)
3. Pay attention in the windows, it have a kind of sequency, so you can preview where it will ligth.
4. When you hear a strange sound it means the super bomb was activated, now  you have few seconds to "exit". I dont like much it becuase sometimes is not possible to hear the sound, better if it was accompanied by a visual signal.
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 03:13:05 PM »

Thanks guys.  When I was trying to capture the bad guys in the windows I must have had some of my web over the  window frame.  I'll work on it later this week and see if I can get the hang of it.  I do like that it is fairly easy to catch yourself from falling.  It just stinks when you have 1 second on the clock and know you are doomed.

I haven't played the atari version but I have read that it is even harder.  What other versions of the game have you played and how would you rank them?
Rafael

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 11:59:54 PM »

Smiley backing to the old form:
Rafael

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 12:01:55 AM »

I haven't played the atari version but I have read that it is even harder.  What other versions of the game have you played and how would you rank them?

How I remeber in 2600 version is almost impossible pass the level 4 or 5. I think the only version that was released was the Atari 2600, like the Odyssey seems there?s an Intv prototype, but it was not discovered.
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 09:43:38 PM »

Last Day!!!
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 04:11:02 AM »

Congrats Rafael!  Winner of the game of the month!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: