Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
April 10, 2020, 12:23:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello everybody, I'm the new guy!  (Read 5737 times)
bitz
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« on: February 08, 2010, 08:52:34 PM »

Hello, I recently moved, and in the process unearthed my Odyssey 2 collection I started when I was a teenager (I'm late 20s now) So I haven't really touched any of it in almost 10 years.

I got my first system when I traded a piece of junk bike for my buddies system when I was just a little kid, I had a Nintendo, but for some reason there was alot more wonder in this game system, it's older then I am but as I remember it, its fascinating to play! Down the line some I became obsessed with getting a nice collection going, I bought a few loose games and additional consoles here and there, that was some years ago though, at some point it all got stored away.

Going through it all, I realized I had some cool stuff, I had found a box of Eproms and an Eprom cart, if memory served it came as an unadvertised bonus in a box with a console I was just buying for the manual or something, I remember making the connection that the seller lived near where the Magnavox plant was (Tennessee I think). I don't have a console with me now, but I want to try these out, the labels are mostly faded, but I want to see what games I have (I believe there are 19 chips)

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I don't know if I will be collecting further, but I will probably be asking questions and stuff over the course of the next week as I get my console here and cleaned up and test out all my games and stuff.
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 09:43:57 PM »

Welcome new guy!
Please post some pictures of your collection.  Smiley
bitz

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 10:36:29 PM »

Leaving, but here are some pics of some of the stuff I have with me, forgot to snap my Wall Street fortune hunt and Conquest of the world, and left off the stack of Speedway! etc. as I think everyone has a few of these. I just noticed that my two loose pickaxe petes are a little different, cool! The Eproms are very worn, and I need to straighten the pins on a few of them.

grgh
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 10:52:45 PM »

Ooooo nice! I love the label variation you spotted in PAP, and I'm very very interested in those eproms!

It looks unlikely you would be able to get a readable picture of the eprom labels, so any chance you could check them against the list of O2 videopacs (there is a list here: http://www.videopac.com/mago2.html) and see if there appear to be any eproms for stuff not in the list?

Oh yeah and hello, welcome to the forum  Smiley

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 11:03:05 PM »

Welcome to the forum ! Smiley

Videopac digger
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 02:00:06 AM »

Welcome!
bitz

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 02:39:42 AM »

Ooooo nice! I love the label variation you spotted in PAP, and I'm very very interested in those eproms!

It looks unlikely you would be able to get a readable picture of the eprom labels, so any chance you could check them against the list of O2 videopacs (there is a list here: http://www.videopac.com/mago2.html) and see if there appear to be any eproms for stuff not in the list?

Oh yeah and hello, welcome to the forum  Smiley

I can definitely do that. The ones that I can make out are nothing new, but as soon as I can get my console(s) here I can check it out.

Gotta say, I was going through my games and looking at eBay considering selling some of them, and I was more tempted to buy than sell, damn, I don't have the money for this Cheesy

Thanks all for the greetings, glad to be here!
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 06:12:12 AM »

Welcome, nice to see another youngster here!
Janzl
Administrator

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 03:39:03 PM »

Welcome to forum Blitz! You were the first real new member after I had to reject about twenty spammers  Smiley

Are you going to test those eproms?

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 08:43:45 PM »

Welcome. Nice collection you got.

8 bits of fun
bitz

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 12:26:01 AM »

Welcome to forum Blitz! You were the first real new member after I had to reject about twenty spammers  Smiley

Are you going to test those eproms?

You betcha I am. I just got to get around to swinging by the old place and getting my consoles, had a chance to today but a 15 min drive in this Michigan weather right now would take like 45 mins! So maybe I will get them on Friday and test the eproms over the weekend.
bitz

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 08:14:59 PM »

OK, issue.
So I forgot that connections to the TV are not what they used to be. I opened up my consoles and realized that I don't have an old style antenna adapter for the one (from the beige box) do I need to get a converter to convert it to coax? should be able to hook it to my tuner card on my PC then.

My other console has a different connector, and no beige box. It looks like a component connector, and fits in the component connector on the TV, but I don't want to hook it up flat out knowing the signals could be different, and I could do some damage? Also if it does get video, I wouldn't have sound. What kind of connector is this? Is this common? I'm not by them now, but I believe both systems are 7400s, no raised logo, one has detachable controllers, other wired, and both have different styles of labels on the bottom. Gona post more pics when I get around to it.
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 08:33:49 PM »

Hi Bitz, welcome. I love to see the Ody covers side by side. Between your roms is there some unknown name?
bitz

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 09:10:31 PM »

Hi Bitz, welcome. I love to see the Ody covers side by side. Between your roms is there some unknown name?

I need to get my system hooked up to see what the roms are first. Need to see if I have an old coax adapter to be able to hook it up, really don't want to leave the house today to buy one.
grgh

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 10:00:18 PM »

I think you need the part shown in the 6th picture in this listing in North America:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160402974802

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: