Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
April 10, 2020, 11:00:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Odyssey 2 Voice  (Read 1832 times)
2100_A.D.
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« on: March 22, 2010, 02:18:35 PM »

Picked one up for cheap (over a year ago). Though, hadn't hooked it up to test yet.
It was quite old looking and kinda looked like it was in a tool-shed. I cleaned it up some,
though it has some rust on the screws and if it works, I don't know yet... would it be okay to use this, even if it's not that well taken care of??

I would like to use it if it works... but not sure yet, if it can... could it cause any hazard to my Odyssey 2??

Does the Voice open up easily, for a dust cleaning inside, or is it better to leave it as is...?

Any opinions or tips welcome...
Thanks.

Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »

The Voice is easy to open, just be careful not to damage the sticker that is around the hole for the power button.
2100_A.D.

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 04:52:44 PM »

The Voice is easy to open, just be careful not to damage the sticker that is around the hole for the power button.

okay that's good to know. do they usually need a cleaning inside? or is it often alright, as is?
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 05:48:01 PM »

The cartridge connector might need cleaning, usually no cleaning inside is necessary.
2100_A.D.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 02:54:35 PM »

The cartridge connector might need cleaning, usually no cleaning inside is necessary.

Gave it a light cleaning... and looks better now, hopefully it works. Will test it out either today or tomorrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: