Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
February 28, 2020, 12:04:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cd-i input devices  (Read 1803 times)
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« on: May 10, 2010, 10:34:24 PM »

Just been playing around with my cd-i systems. I bought a cd-i 220 last year and never tried it before, since i used my cd-i 550 for playing games. But today i hooked it up and to my pleasant surprise it had a dvc cart installed. Didn't think it was installed because the back had a plate covering the port, saying that it was an option.
But back to the topic subject.
Since i have a lot of different controllers for the cd-i:
Remote control,
Trackball,
Peacekeeper gun,
Cd-i mouse,
Gamepad.

I decided to see how bad it is to play the game Apprentice with different controllers.
First i tried the trackball. If you want to play a game and think it is to easy, use the trackball. To walk you must keep on spinning the ball. And then you have to time your jump correct. Very hard. Well, maybe because this isn't a title to play with a trackball. Cheesy
Then i tried the remote control. And i must say it isn't to bad. This game, at least the first stage, is very playable with the remote control. Because it isn't a fast paced game (first level).
Then i tried the gamepad (not the gravis pc pad style, i need one of those), and of course the game is very playable with the pad.
Haven't had the time to try the mouse or gun yet. But will try it, just to see.

8 bits of fun
steelballs
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 07:36:53 AM »

Seob, haven't forgot those cd-i games - had a laptop crash last weekend but I'm back on online now and should have that list for you this week!  Cheesy

Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 06:53:03 PM »

Thnx

8 bits of fun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: