Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
January 28, 2020, 08:07:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ** POWER LORDS - EUROPEAN RELEASE **  (Read 11854 times)
VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 01:27:06 AM »

Great Videopac Cover !

Videopac digger
steelballs
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 06:08:54 PM »

I find the need for the retrogenesis logo a shame, it just doesn't look right beside the videopac logo.

ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 08:52:42 PM »

Cant see that your problem, you offered no input into the game and havent even bought a copy. Retrogenesis is not trying to replicate past glories of yesteryear this is 2010, the Videopac should be moving forward.

I have 12"
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 09:33:13 PM »

We'll Steelballs has a point. I tryed shifting the logo to the left and right and  it sure does look better if the videopac title and retrogenesis logo are evenly spread in the top. Like the second one better.

8 bits of fun
steelballs
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 11:00:32 PM »

I didn't buy the game, well spotted.

What could I possibly input into the game, it's a release of something already out there Huh? I gave some feedback on the Robot City release and after that to be honest I didn't want another "retrogenesis" release. I'm very happy to have releases of unreleased prototypes as true to the originals as possible because they are from back then and not 2010.

Videopac moving forward, hmmm a release of an already existing game - not what I would call progress............

Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 11:13:53 PM »

It's not completely the same as the Odyssey2 version of this game, these are copies of the PAL prototype of Power Lords.
steelballs
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 07:38:00 AM »

What are the major differences then Rene Huh?

Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 04:17:02 PM »

The main difference is the correct position of the various background colors when playing this game on a PAL (Videopac) console.
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 09:35:36 PM »

Cant see why your interested cos you aint getting a copy! You can always play an emulated ROM!

I have 12"
steelballs
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2010, 11:23:27 PM »

Don't flatter yourself Andy, I wouldn't part with any amount of money for your releases.

This all started out after a bit of criticism on the "retrogenesis" logo on the front cover, it wasn't on the robot city release if memory serves me right and everyone else who released a game kept them as true as possible to the old releases with the number system and similar instructions etc. Maybe I'm just too old fashioned and not 2010 enough for you!!!

The argument of "didn't offer any input into the game or buy a copy" is complete nonsense. Does that mean if Audi release a new car and I didn't have any input into the design or I didn't buy the car that I'm not allowed to pass comment on it Huh?
However some people feel the need to leave their mark all over a release (happened with humanoid in the past) and that's up to them but most people are happy enough with a mention on the rear cover if they helped in some way and for most people that would be more than adequate.

I just wanted to hear from Rene what the differences were as I respect his knowledge on the system.

On a more positive note it has prompted me to take action. I think now is a nice time to announce my retirement from this forum. I've been thinking about it for a while now as the scene just isn't the same as a few years back, I don't have anywhere near as much pleasure from collecting videopac (also due to some other factors) and I can't be bothered with these futile discussions anymore, there are more important things in life. I'll also say sorry to my brother in law as it's his forum but I've just had enough now, sorry Janzl!!

Thanks to anyone here who has helped me out with my collection in the past (especially George with my CSV set) and all the best to rest of you and good luck with your own collections, who knows maybe we'll cross paths in the future?!?!?

ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2010, 07:12:08 AM »

Cant see why your interested cos you aint getting a copy! You can always play an emulated ROM!

I didn't know that one has to buy something to be allowed to ask questions in these forums  Huh?

ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2010, 01:23:57 PM »

Don't flatter yourself Andy, I wouldn't part with any amount of money for your releases.

This all started out after a bit of criticism on the "retrogenesis" logo on the front cover, it wasn't on the robot city release if memory serves me right and everyone else who released a game kept them as true as possible to the old releases with the number system and similar instructions etc. Maybe I'm just too old fashioned and not 2010 enough for you!!!

The argument of "didn't offer any input into the game or buy a copy" is complete nonsense. Does that mean if Audi release a new car and I didn't have any input into the design or I didn't buy the car that I'm not allowed to pass comment on it Huh?
However some people feel the need to leave their mark all over a release (happened with humanoid in the past) and that's up to them but most people are happy enough with a mention on the rear cover if they helped in some way and for most people that would be more than adequate.

I just wanted to hear from Rene what the differences were as I respect his knowledge on the system.

On a more positive note it has prompted me to take action. I think now is a nice time to announce my retirement from this forum. I've been thinking about it for a while now as the scene just isn't the same as a few years back, I don't have anywhere near as much pleasure from collecting videopac (also due to some other factors) and I can't be bothered with these futile discussions anymore, there are more important things in life. I'll also say sorry to my brother in law as it's his forum but I've just had enough now, sorry Janzl!!

Thanks to anyone here who has helped me out with my collection in the past (especially George with my CSV set) and all the best to rest of you and good luck with your own collections, who knows maybe we'll cross paths in the future?!?!?

LMFAO at these comments, thanks for the comdey! 

I have 12"
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2010, 04:01:48 PM »

I'll also say sorry to my brother in law as it's his forum but I've just had enough now, sorry Janzl!!

Apologies accepted!  Grin

I didn't know that one has to buy something to be allowed to ask questions in these forums  Huh?

I have checked the forum rules again thouroughly and can indeed not find anything permitting these kind of questions.  Grin

Hope you find your A back soon...

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 04:57:26 PM »

Hope you find your A back soon...

[/quote]

I worse some industrial level underpants at the time!

I have 12"
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 08:26:00 PM »

OK guys. When would you like to see this released?

I have 12"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: