Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 18, 2019, 01:59:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O2EM 1.18.1 Release  (Read 16435 times)
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« on: June 15, 2010, 09:54:44 PM »

ok ... decided to upload it, it works pretty stable for me now, so lets fieldtest it Smiley

here's the link:
http://guttenbrunner.com/videopac/o2em1181win.zip

be sure to read the changelog, a lot has changed since 1.18 ... and its definitly slower than the 1.18 version, as it uses a new function to draw to the screen to make it work on Windows Vista and Windows 7 ... if it is not fast enough on your system, stick to the old one (if its too slow for too many people, I might make the new draw-mode configureable ...)

to use the integrated browser, just start without a filename (options can still be used)

I also included an example o2em_def.cfg, as this seems to hardly be used ... even though its a pretty cool feature, if you don't use a launcher ... and you can set all the things the launchers dont support (like the new feature to autodetect joysticks ...)

I don't use launchers, but they should still work (o2em should be compatible to the old command line arguments), if they don't, please let me know and I will fix it
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 08:31:29 PM by manopac » Logged

sex, lies, and videopac
Rafael
Pedit5
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 10:44:34 PM »

Is there some new about games that was not working correctly. I tested Golf, is an old collision problem here.
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 10:54:26 PM »

I don't think that more games are working, I didn't fix any timing issues for example, the main things are probably:

- for developers: spriteeditor, better handling of VDC commands (writing only possible if VDC is off for example, like on the real machine), rightmost grid dots are painted now, double sprite shifting works correctly ... basically all things that help you getting more similar results to the real machine ... better debugging options (more than one breakpoint for example)

- for players: swap joysticks with FN7, autodetect joysticks, filebrowser

basically everything that changed is in the changelog - just have a look :-)

about games: you can try playing around with some of the parameters in the hacks.cfg file for the game you want to try ... maybe it gets better :-) (and if you figure something out, tell me, then I can include it in the release)

sex, lies, and videopac
tiamate
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 12:35:55 AM »

Manopac!

Thanks for keeping the Odyssey alive!

Updating my copy!

Keeping this "classics" alive it?s really a chalenge for the new generations!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 12:58:39 AM by tiamate » Logged
carl

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 08:17:41 AM »

thanks for this new release...

Carl
Laulau_q

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 04:44:54 PM »

Kiss
hello, I just got a new pc with windows 7 64bit, I discovered that the emulator Videopac did not work, display error (aero).

I found on internet your version 1.18.1 which made me smile because it works again.
For cons I saw Videopac + versions do not work more.
Is this a new version is planned for I am eager to replay some games Videopac + (

thank you in advance  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 07:39:55 PM »

try version 1.20 in the post which was on the time I started replying just below the post you created :-)

http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php?topic=1771.0

actually everything that used to work in 1.18 should work again, and in addition C7420 emulation ... if you find things working in 1.18 but not in 1.20, let me know !!

sex, lies, and videopac
Laulau_q

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 09:42:24 PM »

Thank you for your quick response,

I just tried your new version, this works very well with the classic games and some versions + (Viking monster swallowed, etc ...) it detects the version + alone.
For cons for games that had the classic versions + I can not make them work while I have the two roms (game catapult, racing, pic axis, etc. ...).

Could you help me? thank you
 Smiley
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 10:47:07 PM »

I am not exactly sure what you mean but still try to give you advice ;-)

you have two possiblities: if you want the +-games to always start up with videopac+ graphics, you can edit the file "o2emcfg.xml" and just edit it in the following way:

you search for the game, e.g. "Speedway/Spinball/Cryptologic+"  (Videopac 1+), which currently looks like this:
<game crc32="0xEE3EE642" name="Speedway/Spinball/Cryptologic+ (PAL)" />

and change the entry to this:

<game crc32="0xEE3EE642" name="Speedway/Spinball/Cryptologic+ (PAL)">
   <option name="g7400" />
   <option name="vppenable" />
   <option name="euro" />
</game>

what this means is that you set the following options for the game:
- g7400: use G7400 (Videopac+) Bios
- vppenable: Videopac+ chip enabled
- euro: European timing (if you don't put this, the game runs faster, but might have some glitches (not necessarily))

this is permanent for every time you start o2em then

if you only want it for one session, its easier to just use it in the command line, e.g. if your VP1+ rom is in the roms folder:
o2em -euro -vppenable -g7400 vp_01pl.bin

additionally you can just start o2em with the options and select the game manually in the file browser, that works also :-)
o2em -euro -vppenable -g7400

hope this helps !

sex, lies, and videopac
Laulau_q

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 12:10:57 AM »

thank you for your explanation!

I did as you have explained it works well for the launch of Videopac +

As against the game plays in standard mode and not Videopac + (background image not shown).
Yet I'm sure this is the right rom. because I try O2EM version 1.16 and it works well in Videopac +
ptol
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 12:05:43 PM »

I was wondering if there ever will be a Videopac emulator for Android systems? I'd love to play Videopac games on my Android tablet... Smiley
gertk
Post Axe Pete!

gertk64
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 07:07:03 PM »

I was wondering if there ever will be a Videopac emulator for Android systems? I'd love to play Videopac games on my Android tablet...

There is already a MAME version for android, maybe MESS will follow and of course you could try and port o2em to Android  Smiley

Another crude way could be to run dosbox on android and use the DOS version of o2em

>>G7000 G7200(P+S) G7400 N60 JET27 VG5000 ZX80 ZX81 ORIC-1 COMX35 Aquarius<<
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 09:29:54 PM »

thank you for your explanation!

I did as you have explained it works well for the launch of Videopac +

As against the game plays in standard mode and not Videopac + (background image not shown).
Yet I'm sure this is the right rom. because I try O2EM version 1.16 and it works well in Videopac +

not sure if I understand you correctly - so O2EM starts up in Videopac+ mode ("Select Game" all over the Screen instead of just once in the middle) but it still shows the game without background gfx ? I really would blame it on the rom then ;-)

try the one attached and let me know the result (its the one I tried it with as explained above and it shows the videopac+ gfx)

sex, lies, and videopac
ptol
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 09:44:08 PM »

I was wondering if there ever will be a Videopac emulator for Android systems? I'd love to play Videopac games on my Android tablet...

There is already a MAME version for android, maybe MESS will follow and of course you could try and port o2em to Android  Smiley

Another crude way could be to run dosbox on android and use the DOS version of o2em

Hm... downloaded mame4droid and all vp roms, but can't get them working Sad
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 10:15:51 PM »

gertk was just hoping that someone would create a MESS version for Android, as it shares a codebase with MAME and MAME was already ported - so it is not available yet, you can just hope someone ports it (as MESS supports the Videopac system also)

right now the dosbox option might be the only one ... but I wonder if you can get that to work in reasonable speed ;-)

sex, lies, and videopac
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: