Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 21, 2020, 08:07:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pete on Atari  (Read 5434 times)
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 05:32:16 PM »

Could we have some problem releasing an Actvision title? I ask it, because one day I was looking for some Spectrum rom and all Actvision games was distribution denied (don?t know why)

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0004154
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 06:11:29 PM »

Could we have some problem releasing an Actvision title? I ask it, because one day I was looking for some Spectrum rom and all Actvision games was distribution denied (don?t know why)

Yes, there would be a problem - Activision is still around - and they go after anyone who copies their games!

ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 07:34:42 PM »

That is true. We would have to change the title and would have to alter the gameplay a bit.

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 09:27:13 PM »

That is true. We would have to change the title and would have to alter the gameplay a bit.
That would indeed make it more like an Odyssey/videopac game.   Wink
Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 10:33:09 PM »

Yes, if the title is change, and gameplay made different enough - I don't think the small world of Odyssey would draw much attention. Just a fact.

fernandotcl
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 03:37:41 AM »

Yes, there would be a problem - Activision is still around - and they go after anyone who copies their games!
That sounds silly. In first place, they shouldn't make any money anymore from classic games except for commercial ports to modern consoles that are forced to pay royalities. Also, collectors like to have several copies of some games with only minor variations between them, so it's not like releasing an Odyssey port of River Raid would make the sales of an hypothetical port of River Raid for a classic gaming collection for the Wii drop at all.

I just can't picture Activision suing a retrogamer for selling 100 copies of a port of a 30-year-old game to a different 30-year-old platform, it sounds ridiculous.
Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 03:23:58 AM »

I just can't picture Activision suing a retrogamer for selling 100 copies of a port of a 30-year-old game to a different 30-year-old platform, it sounds ridiculous.

Silly or not, if they found out about it, they would sue - or at minimum send a stop order on producing the game. Yes, the games are old, but Activision still has the rights to them - buy porting them - you are stealing their software. That is a legal fact.

Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 01:02:32 PM »

Anyway, we can make good games without Activision and the Odyssey tradition are the exclusive games.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: