Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 10, 2019, 08:09:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Magnavox Odyssey, the first home console in history !  (Read 4463 times)
VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« on: September 27, 2010, 04:01:29 PM »

Nice photo of the Magavox Odyssey at Paris Event "Le Festival du Jeu Video" in September.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 04:09:14 PM by VIDEOPAKBELGIUM » Logged

Videopac digger
VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 04:06:54 PM »

The system...

Videopac digger
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 04:29:07 AM »

The father of our fav console  Smiley
Someone think is possible something to detect collision and increase sound on it?
Rene_G7400
Pedit5

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 11:03:54 AM »

A collision detector is already present inside the console, so adding simple beep sounds like in Pong games should be possible.
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 04:31:18 PM »

I have an Odyssey, but frankly I don?t know if it works well. About the collisions I was talking about multiple collisions with X,Y points, but I  really don?t know if the Odyssey already do it?
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 07:03:30 PM »

The father of our fav console  Smiley
Someone think is possible something to detect collision and increase sound on it?
The founding father of all home consoles that is.

8 bits of fun
Rene_G7400
Pedit5

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 09:28:53 AM »

About the collisions I was talking about multiple collisions with X,Y points, but I  really don?t know if the Odyssey already do it?

I don't understand exactly what you mean. The Odyssey has an "overlap detector". It will give a signal as long as two objects overlap each other partially.
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 01:05:06 PM »

The Odyssey, how I know have 3 objects. If I correct the collision is only detected when a object touch the other, let?s suppose we think about a pinball game where the objects are used as 2 flippers and a ball, and on screen you have some bumpers only represented on overlay, but you wish to detect collision with these bumpers and play a sound when the player hit it.
Rene_G7400
Pedit5

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 05:04:45 PM »

The Odyssey has 4 objects, because it also has a central line.
I don't know how you would be able to detect a "collision" with an object that is only present on the overlay.

Maybe it would be possible to add some voltage comparators, so you can detect when the ball crosses a certain X or Y position, but that might be rather complicated. (The X and Y position of the ball are determined by two analogue voltages.)
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 06:10:22 PM »

Another question, just to know what they could be done for increase the Ody1. Do you think (still using the pinball example), they could be attached in "cartidrige" some digital display, to show score?
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 07:32:50 PM »

If i recall correct the "cartridge" is nothing more then a jumper pack connecting various pins to play the build in games. If you know what pin's, one could short them with a wire to play.
Think Rene once said that with resistors one would be able to alter the games a little. But scoring isn't build in, so i don't think it is possible.

8 bits of fun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: