Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 22, 2020, 03:55:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Tresor Englouti  (Read 6675 times)
roadrunner
Attacked the Timelord

« on: June 10, 2011, 08:51:59 PM »

June's Game Of The Month is Le Tresor Englouti  

Final high scores -

VideopacBelgium 570
Rafael 540
roadrunner 390
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:55:50 AM by roadrunner » Logged

how many munchies can your munchkin munch before your munchkin's all munched out?
roadrunner
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 09:00:12 PM »

Some gameplay footage

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw9cniL2Soc

how many munchies can your munchkin munch before your munchkin's all munched out?
roadrunner
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 09:17:07 PM »

I'm not familiar with this game.
I assume there's a treasure in one of those boxes and it has to be taken back to the ship.

Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 10:47:40 PM »

I assume there's a treasure in one of those boxes and it has to be taken back to the ship.

It?s a shame the manual of it is only french, anyway seems the objective is to find a dot (I suposed it?s a pearl) in the 3rd cave. But first you need to get a key in the cave 1 to open the cave2, after is needed to find a key to open cave3 and finally back to the ship and win. On the ship you also have 3 oxigen tubes, so you can catch one as you need (pressing action). I like a lot this kind of adveture with random events, but I think LTE is too short.
roadrunner
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 12:12:12 AM »

It?s a shame the manual of it is only french, anyway seems the objective is to find a dot (I suposed it?s a pearl) in the 3rd cave. But first you need to get a key in the cave 1 to open the cave2, after is needed to find a key to open cave3 and finally back to the ship and win. On the ship you also have 3 oxigen tubes, so you can catch one as you need (pressing action). I like a lot this kind of adveture with random events, but I think LTE is too short.

Thanks for the gameplay tips. Smiley

VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 01:03:01 PM »

1st play ...450

Videopac digger
roadrunner
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 06:36:13 PM »

Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 08:51:39 PM »

I not sure if it?s good, but I tried a manual translation:
Description of the screen. In the upper right corner of the screen, a red boat waiting with his board, three tubes of oxygen that the diver can use during their mission of exploration. Hidden in the rocks, or at the bottom of the screen are the entries of the three caves that the diver must visit to find the fabled sunken treasure. The bottom left of the screen displays a number (980) that corresponds to the volume of oxygen in the tube, which initially has the diver during the operation, this number will decrease, but will rise to 980 every time the diver returns to take another oxygen tube. Below right is displayed the player's score. Tiny marine animals that walk sideways on the screen. Please note that the oxygen level decreases when the diver is touched by one of them ...
Playing the game
The diver has to grab the Sunken Treasure which is in the third cave (the one whose entrance is located to the right of the screen). But he can not access it until you have explored the first and second caves. When the game starts, the diver must reach the entrance to the first cave (located at the far left of the screen), avoiding if possible the many marine animals that live in these regions. After arriving in the entry, the screen changes, the diver will see the cave, a maze where they are scattered six chests (represented on-screen by colored squares). One of these chests is empty and its discovery will not give points to the player. Another contains a grenade that the diver will take, his discovery will give 20 points to the player, the third contains a giant crab, which will give the player another 50 points. Other hide an octopus, its discovery will give the player 50 points. One chest contains a key which is worth 100 points. The latter hides a portal that takes the player out of the cave. The exploration of this cave is only the first step of the way of the diver, since the goal is to discover the hidden treasure in the last cave. The diver must first leave the cave as soon as possible to avoid the risk of running out of oxygen, just one path: to find a chest containing the key (which is displayed at the bottom of the screen), then hiding the output (the screen Initial reappears). If it finds the first exit, it goes back to the key. When he discovers a crab or octopus, should avoid touching them because the contact is fatal. You can also (by pressing the "Action"), leaving a grenade on the screen, if the crab or octopus come to pass over it, it will explode, and will be thrown through the maze and neutralized by a time (giving the player 30 points. ..). Once the diver has discovered the key and left the cave first, he must go and explore the second, but if you need to get back to pick up another tube of oxygen. The game then proceeds in the same way as in the first cave, except that the movement of crab and octopus not be more random. Once released, they will chase the diver. When divers found the second key and the output of the second cave, he can finally explore the third cave. He must then find the treasure and leave. This last step of course is much more difficult than the previous one, as this is just too dark and only the maze walls closest to the diver will be visible. If he can find the treasure, he must go to the surface before the oxygen runs out to complete his mission.
roadrunner
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 10:03:48 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to translate the manual.  Smiley Wink

Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 07:35:56 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to translate the manual.  Smiley Wink

You?re welcome! Now I?m trying to my own manual.
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 07:52:20 PM »

I also was thinking about a hack for non-plus consoles. Someone can tell if it is very difficulty. I did a mock-up and tried to change the background color on the bin file, but I just changed it to dark blue.
roadrunner
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 08:56:15 PM »

A little better  370

Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 05:15:27 PM »

Here?s my score.  I?ve been thinking, the possible high score in this game is 650 points.
VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 12:51:57 PM »

Here's my new score ! 570

Videopac digger
roadrunner
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 11:38:30 PM »

If the scores stay the same how do we pick a winner?
It looks like Rafael beat the game, but VideopacBelgium has a higher score.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: