Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
August 21, 2019, 07:11:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radiola Jet 25  (Read 1491 times)
Olesma
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« on: December 22, 2014, 02:12:42 PM »

Hi there

I bought a Radiola Jet 25. It doesn't seem to work, but maybe I don't understand very well how I need to set this thing up. Which channel of the tv do I have to use? There is a 4-way switch on the bottom of the unit. Does this have anything to do with it?
I've already searched the channels and at some point the tv found the console. However on channel 0 it's broadcasting the sound with added noise and on channel 1 it gives a distorted image of the game.
VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 03:43:08 PM »

Hello ... and welcome here.

The Radiola JET25 supplies a RF channel in SECAM-L
Could you post a picture of the "4-way switch on the bottom of the unit"

Videopac digger
Olesma

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 07:59:15 PM »

I will post some pictures tomorrow. Would be benificial to the community I guess because there's not a lot of info on this console. I noticed a sticker on the inside which said it's version 04.
Olesma

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 04:14:30 PM »

As I promised, here are some pictures of my Radiola Jet 25/04. It has black fixed controllers. The PS and RF plug are fixed too. The RF-plug is orange and has a gray cable and is connected to the lower board. The 4-way switch is soldered on this board too. This is why I think it changes the settings of the modulator. Since the service manual is in French I don't really understand it.

The service manual can be found here: http://www.videopac.com/consoles/J25_service_manual.zip. On page 7 it states some of the settings for the TV. It looks like it's using SECAM-I instead of L. My TV is a Sony KV-21FX20B. The manual can be downloaded here: https://www.gebruikershandleiding.com/Sony-FD-Trinitron-KV-21FX20B/handleiding-5-48876.html. It states that it supports SECAM-I on a few channels. I am in software, and this is a hardware problem. Wink Also, my French isn't what it's used to be.

Can someone help me troubleshoot this problem? I searched the TV on the I channel, but no luck aside from some distorted images. If you want to see more pictures, ask me! Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: