Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
January 25, 2020, 03:59:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Posting bug fixed and more!  (Read 1954 times)
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« on: October 12, 2007, 06:15:04 PM »

Mr. Janzl, I found the problem with the posting issues I've had on this board. You know, where you make a post, and when you submit it, you end up back at the posting list - not the post you just put up. I'm betting there is a default you can set for this, but in the meantime, I found out how to correct it - in the Profile section.

Under 'Look and Layout'

Under thing option there is a check button for 'Return to topics after posting by default.' With this checked, I end up back at what I just posted, not the post listing!!! Yeah! Now I won't go batty anymore when I post here.
 Cool

Oh, and one suggestion here - how about renaming 'Help to complete this forum' to 'Videopac.ml forum, with the 'I need your help to make this a better and complete Videopac / Odyssey2 forum' changed to something along the lines of 'posts and comments on news, updates, and suggestion for this forum'.
Just a thought, as I think this should be change - just IMHO. Do as you want...

Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 07:36:27 PM »

I almost forget here...

It just came to mind. If something happened to Janzl (heaven forbid), is there a backup in place to keep this site and forum running? I would really hate to see history repeat itself!

JMHO

Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 07:45:09 PM »

If i'm correct janzl is family or releated to steelballs, so maybe he can jump in when there are problems.

8 bits of fun
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 09:21:06 AM »

I thought the board renaming thing was a good idea so I edited it, as you probably have seen when visiting the forum.

The posting issue can not be corrected in general unfortunately. So everybody who is bothered by it, follow Ozyr's instructions in his previous message.

In the Profile section.

Under 'Look and Layout'

Under thing option there is a check button for 'Return to topics after posting by default.' With this checked, I end up back at what I just posted, not the post listing!!! Yeah! Now I won't go batty anymore when I post here.

And I am looking into the "backup-procedure-in-case-a-16-ton-weight-drops-on-my-head" options right now. I'll let you know when something has been arranged.

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: