Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 09, 2019, 01:16:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back in the Odyssey2 club  (Read 3369 times)
kcmunchkin83
Played Munchkin once...

« on: March 02, 2012, 04:53:54 PM »

Hey everyone,

I haven't been on the board in a few months but I'm back. Last October/November, I got my first Odyssey2 ever - inspired by Revival Studios' cool new game - Astrodoge. I got the O2 and liked it immediately, the first time I ever played the system. I wanted one for years but was afraid of making the jump since I've heard mixed reviews on its game library, okay I heard more negative than good. I was into it at first and then after a few weeks I noticed the system collecting dust. I decided to move on and sold it around Christmas time. In February, I get an update email on all the cool games coming up for the O2 from Revival Studios, and I recognized that I missed playing games like KC Munchkin...so I started looking on eBay again. Glad to report that I purchased my second Odyssey2, and I'm back in the club! I recognized that perhaps my expectations were too high at first, and like everything you have to give it time. I'm glad I came back though so I can enjoy the exciting new games coming out, plus I got cool goodies this time like issues of Odyssey Adventure, owner's manual, and even an original switchbox - I've never seen one of those.

Glad to be playing O2 again... :-)

Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 10:30:40 PM »

Welcome back! Yes, KC is great, and so is the stuff from Revival - and others too. Smiley

While you're here, I'll ask my usual bit about someone who has a so-called 'new' O2 and a manual (in my search to narrow down all the O2 variations)....

What does your system have?
-Removable/Attached joysticks?
-color of joysticks (black, silver, ?)
-NES compatible A/C (if you know)?
-smooth or rough keyboard?
-standard RCA or non-standard RF plug?
-Odyssey2 log, flat, or raised?
-System manual - Model number on back (iike BJ7600 GY02).
-Year on manual, if it has one?

Thanks, and welcome back!

kcmunchkin83
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 02:09:38 PM »

Welcome back! Yes, KC is great, and so is the stuff from Revival - and others too. Smiley

While you're here, I'll ask my usual bit about someone who has a so-called 'new' O2 and a manual (in my search to narrow down all the O2 variations)....

What does your system have?
-Removable/Attached joysticks?
-color of joysticks (black, silver, ?)
-NES compatible A/C (if you know)?
-smooth or rough keyboard?
-standard RCA or non-standard RF plug?
-Odyssey2 log, flat, or raised?
-System manual - Model number on back (iike BJ7600 GY02).
-Year on manual, if it has one?

Thanks, and welcome back!

Thank you for the warm welcome!  Smiley I ordered my first Revival game...Mayhem, I look forward to playing it when it arrives. Also plan on getting my hands on Astrododge and the latest game. As far as other homebrews, I've also heard good things about Kill the Attacking Aliens.

Sure I'd be more than happy to help! Please let me know what you learn about my Odyssey 2.  Smiley

-Attached joysticks
-Black joysticks
-Not sure if the AC is NES compatible, haven't seen an NES AC in ages. Hope you can tell from the lame pic.  Smiley
-My keyboard is scratched and may need a lil cleaning, but I say smooth
-The RCA plug doesn't look standard to me, it looks longer than the ones I've seen on other consoles like the Atari 2600. Again, see lame attached pic.  Smiley
-Odyssey2 logo is flat, like it's painted on
-Model number on back of system manual: IB3747-1 BC7600
-Year on manual: 1980

Hope this helps! Look forward to hearing your findings.

Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 03:22:38 PM »

Thanks for the info. That is an NES style plug, regular RF plug (it looks a bit odd, but it is regular).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: