Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 08, 2022, 05:35:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum will disappear in April 2023 please check this topic!

Home   Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P Shooter  (Read 6350 times)
Chris!
Give this man a Jopac!

« on: August 24, 2012, 09:03:16 AM »

My latest attempt at a game. Tell me what you think.

All my Odyssey2 projects, now in one place!
http://www.atari2600land.com/odyssey2.html
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 01:32:50 PM »

I don't understand the game. It totally doesn't respond. I see a bunch of 'P's and a droplet or pear falling down. Am I doing something wrong?

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 04:21:34 PM »

you are supposed to shoot the P's and avoid the drop :-) try the other joystick maybe ?

sex, lies, and videopac
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 05:09:56 PM »

Bought a real Joystick for Rise of Flight recently. Apparantly O2EM detects it hahaha  Cheesy Roll Eyes

I was almost crushing my keyboard with any possible key-combi but nothing happened.  Embarrassed Lips Sealed

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Chris!
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 01:15:12 PM »

Now with The Voice sounds. Tell me what you think of the game. Please! Oh, and also tell me if it (and Traffic) works without the Voice module.

manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 01:32:59 PM »

Bought a real Joystick for Rise of Flight recently. Apparantly O2EM detects it hahaha  Cheesy Roll Eyes

of course it does :-) depending on your version of o2em I hope it even tells you that it did ;-)

sex, lies, and videopac
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 01:19:25 AM »

Now with The Voice sounds. Tell me what you think of the game. Please! Oh, and also tell me if it (and Traffic) works without the Voice module.

Ok, I tried it. At first I felt the chance to die is near to 0.
My thoughts. I not sure if I right or wrong, but I fell a new game needs to brings somthing new: a) gameplay, b) graphics or c) sounds, or better everthing at the same time. With Fatso, you had a chance to do a rich game with a very nice food library, but I think your rush is comprehensive probably you was ansious to do your first release. Gosub is a really nice and challenger game (better if it had a score). Traffic is surprisingly fun. But I donŽt see P Shooter as "new" game, I like shooters and because Space Invaders popularity it was a very present style on the 80Žs, but to make PShoter a "new" game youŽll need to find a point to make  it a new experience! ItŽs just my point of view, I love Pick Axe Pete, while others hate. You sugested me continue with Joust, probably IŽll pluu my plug, soon. So, it could be a nice option for you.

Editing: IŽll test Traffic for you.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:08:11 AM by Rafael » Logged

revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

Twitter: @revival_studios / @bitstormgames

191265260975581 @revival_studios
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 10:07:34 PM »

i'm afraid i share rafaels thoughts. it doesnt really feel like a game yet at this point.

www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
www.bitstormgames.com - Indie games on PC, Mobile and Consoles
www.videopacgames.com - My own games and videogame collection for sale
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 11:23:03 PM »

Got around to trying this. As some have stated, not a game yet, but it shows potential in my book . I like shooters. Of course this would appear to be the start, as there is just basic shooting going on. As Rafael kind of mentioned, it needs 'something' more to make it fun. At this point, it is an interesting concept with potential.

Chris!
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 07:01:41 PM »

I rearranged the code and instead of Ps, you shoot asteroids, so it's an Astrosmash clone now. Future plans include once a big asteroid is shot, it might split into two different ones, the hurricanes (or whatever those white swirly things are in the original version), etc. Hopefully I can fit all that into just 2k.

Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 05:35:23 AM »

Okay, cool, new direction. Note one glitch at this time - going to the right is 'sticky', as in it doesn't move smoothly for some reason?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: