Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
January 23, 2020, 12:26:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Revival Studios Rewards-Competition 2012  (Read 6383 times)
revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

Twitter: @revival_studios / @bitstormgames

191265260975581 @revival_studios
« on: August 31, 2012, 11:31:36 PM »

REVIVAL STUDIOS REWARDS COMPETITION 2012

Looking for a challenge? Missed out on the Collectors Edition of Mage? Would you like a free game?
Then join the Revival Studios 2012 Rewards Competition with more than 120 euros worth of prizes!

The Rules
Each of my videopac games has a number of rewards (or achievements/trophies if you will) that can be unlocked by performing certain tasks in the game. Once you met the criteria for a specific reward, you can upload you highscore code (even if you didn't ge a highscore an) these rewards will synchronise when using the same nickname.

The person with the most unlocked rewards on january 1st, 2013 will be the winner.  

Scoring:
Rewards can be found in the following 6 games: AstroDodge (2011), Mayhem (2011), Colorclash (2012) , Mage: The Enchanted Crystals (2012) and the soon to be released Cavity (Q3-2012) and Stairrunner (Q4-2012). These games consist of bronze, silver and gold rewards. You can view all the rewards and their descriptions for each videopac/o2 game by hovering your mouse over the rewards column here: http://www.revival-studios.com/highscores/?consoleid=4&gameid=1

The following points are given to each reward:
- bronze: 1 point
- silver: 2 points
- gold: 6 points

On average, each game will contain 1 or 2 bronze, 1 silver and 1 gold reward. This means that even if you don't own all games, you could still win if you get a few of the more difficult 6-point gold rewards (like for example getting 1000 points in big-ship mode).

In an event of a tie, the fastest time/highest score in Mage will be decisive.

The prizes:
The are 2 prizes to be given away:

First Prize: A Collectors Edition of Mage: The Enchanted Crystals
Runner-up: A free copy of Air Assault

Closing date:
January 1st, 2013 Competition has finished.

The Results:
1. RayXamber
2. Masematte
3. Manopac

Congratulations to the winers and thanks to all people attending!

GOOD LUCK!

PS> A tip to get you started: To unlock the easter eggs in Astrododge and Mayhem: You have to hold a specific key during the splashscreen until the titlescreen pops up.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 06:24:56 PM by revivalstudios » Logged

www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
www.bitstormgames.com - Indie games on PC, Mobile and Consoles
www.videopacgames.com - My own games and videogame collection for sale
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
Masematte
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 10:11:46 AM »

Wow , thats a Good compettion , but i dont know how ecactly it Works with the rewards Point.

So i Play for Exempel mayhen today 10 Times but the Score is Not so big than my High Score .
So in this Case i didnt used the webcode.
Tommorow i Play Only One game get the highscore and used the webcode , so Must i used every Day when i Play the Web Code ? Or why the count how offen i Play a Game ?

Kt
Masematte
revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 11:50:07 AM »

Wow , thats a Good compettion , but i dont know how ecactly it Works with the rewards Point.

So i Play for Exempel mayhen today 10 Times but the Score is Not so big than my High Score .
So in this Case i didnt used the webcode.
Tommorow i Play Only One game get the highscore and used the webcode , so Must i used every Day when i Play the Web Code ? Or why the count how offen i Play a Game ?

You can view all the rewards for each videopac/o2 game here: http://www.revival-studios.com/highscores/?consoleid=4&gameid=1

Even if you dont have a highscore, but you got a reward, you can upload your score and your rewards will be synchronised.

As for "play the game 50 times" rewards: As it says in the description, it has to be done in one playsession.

Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 03:58:23 PM »

Just reminding everyone the competiton is still ongoing and ending on january 1st, 2013.

I put in a lot of time and effort in designing the rewards, programming them, and giving away valued games for this competition. It would be nice if more people than just massematte were competing.

Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 05:10:47 PM »

I'm playing with my real name and with my online name.

8 bits of fun
Masematte

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 06:34:15 PM »

so it end , Did you have an result ?
revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 05:15:45 PM »

Results are up!

Thanks everyone for attending and congratulations to:

1. RayXamber - The Mage: The Enchanted Crystals C.E. is yours!
2. Masematte - Enjoy your free copy of Air-Asault
3. Manopac - Much Glory and respect for you !

Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 05:48:11 PM »

Cheesy I am sure Manopac is the happiest of them all with his price!  Cheesy

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Masematte

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 05:52:41 PM »

congratulations to RayXamber i try so many times Astrodoge to get the Gold Award. but Hey youre the man Smiley

thanks for that Competition , for me it was a Lot of fun, and thanks forthe price Smiley
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 05:55:17 PM »

Cheesy I sure am - none of the others has the Glory ;-)

sex, lies, and videopac
mjb
Freedom Fighter

Another Year More Videopac To Colllect

mark.bodiella BarmyfishUK
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 06:56:37 PM »

Well done to the winners  Smiley

RayXambeR

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 03:10:33 PM »

Masematte, you have forced me to make a really "movement optimization" to beat your time at Mage!
The Revival Studios games have real replay value (perhaps except Stairunner and Cavity which have infinite loop), specially with the system of online scores and rewards. So I would like to congrat Martijn for making such great "little" games on Videopac and of course on other system! Keep up the good work Martijn!
Just for the anecdote: my son 12 year old (nickname RtpQs), have beaten me at Cavity, even he loves playing Mario Tennis on 3DS!!! So, perhaps the winner of the future revival studios contest, will be in the same family Wink
Another anecdote for Masematte, for the gold astrododge reward, I have made a score inferior to 1.100 points. So, I was a bit lucky!

I haven't got a Videopac when I was young and, to be honest, don't really appreciate this system (except few games, in comparision of my lovely Vectrex and Intellivision systems) before playing Revival Studios games! and, now, I appreciate more the older games!

To conclude, even if I haven't win a Air Assault game, please count on me for one copy Smiley
And a question: Martijn, do you have find why some rewards don't work (colorclash 100, etc.)?

Masematte

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 06:41:08 PM »

Yeah for mage i bet that my was a perfect Run, but youre Run was one Second faster amazing.

I played Astrodoge again and again but in Never reached the 1000 , sometimes it stop by 600 or 800 hundred Smiley

And yes thanks to Martijn for such great games, i hope you have some Ideas in the Future and i wait for Down Smiley
revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 10:33:48 AM »

Props to those fast Mage: The Enchanted Crystal runs... I think my personal best 615-630 range.

There are some tricky pieces of the game that are timed in such a way you can just-about sneak through in one go/run. For example after you opened the first door, go down and left... That screen (not an easy screen) can be rushed through if your timing is right and don't stop.

Even more respect to RayXamber for getting the last Astrododge trophy (1000 points in big mode)... I theorised it should be possible as i once got about 600-800 myself, but i never managed to unlock this reward myself!

I am glad people enjoying the replayability. I spend quite a bit of my development cycle to implementing the highscores and rewards and get good feedback on them. Its a shame that not everyone plays the games frequent (which is where the fun lies, beating your own score and those of others). For example we just had a highscore Competition for the MSX version of Astrododge at the MSX Fair last weekend in Nijmegen andb there was some serious competition going on between the players, including distraction eachother, physchological influencing, etc... Really fun to watch!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:49:59 AM by revivalstudios » Logged

Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 05:15:50 PM »

Its a shame that not everyone plays the games frequent (which is where the fun lies, beating your own score and those of others).

We don't all have the time, is part of the issue. And honestly, some of us suck at some games. If I get too frustrated with a game, I stop playing it, period. Not pointing out any game in general, just saying.

P.S. Why am I getting this 'groupie' vibe in these postings?  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: