Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 09, 2019, 01:47:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOMERUNS  (Read 2342 times)
VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« on: February 25, 2013, 03:44:45 PM »

Since 1982 I play with friends on Videopac a Sunday afternoon each month.
We play a few different games but each time we play the Baseball. It is a custom.
Since Dieter had released the 8+, we play BASEBALL+.

Yesterday we played for the first time to "SEGREDO DO FARAO" (René's Multicart). This Brazilian version is markedly different from the European version!

We then played BASEBALL+ for the first time ... into my "Ody3 Command Center" ... What a match! the number of HOMERUN is greater than my JOPAC (G7400). But why? The ball goes faster over the same distance on the ground? (due to NTSC speed ? ? )

Finally I lost the match, my friend won !  Shocked

Videopac digger
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 04:13:48 PM »

Nice story ! Great to hear that also other people have so much fun with our Videopac/Jopac/Odyssey2/3.

(One day i will drive to Belgium, on a day when Marc is not at home and go into the Ody3 Command Center. After that, its only a Command Center) Evil

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 11:15:54 PM »

Really nice story. You´re a luck guy to have friends to play Odyssey with you. Some years ago, I was playing soccer on PS2 with a friend he had never seen oneOdyssey before. I asked him if he like to play, he accepted, but after 5 minutes, he said: Well, I have to go, now Cry
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 12:32:59 AM »

I think you must grow up with the Odyssey-Videopac-Jopacsystem to really love them. I have it, since i was a child and i would never give it away. I love games like Killer Bees, PickAxePete and Munchkin...

So you are right Rafael. Marc must be a lucky guy with those friends.

Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 01:46:27 AM »

I think you must grow up with the Odyssey-Videopac-Jopacsystem to really love them. I have it, since i was a child and i would never give it away. I love games like Killer Bees, PickAxePete and Munchkin...

So you are right Rafael. Marc must be a lucky guy with those friends.

That´s true, Tom. Another problem for Odyssey owners was to find good adversaries. Recently I forced  Evil my daugther and his boyfriend to play "Conquest of The World", but they don´t know to play  nothing with less than 6 buttons, so it was not a fair competition.
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 10:03:38 AM »

I wouldn`t do this with your daughter, or you will lost her forever  Cry

You can test your family. Are they all in the living room and you turn on the power switch on your Ody2,
then look around. If you are alone you must be very careful. Maybe you play alone in the night…  Roll Eyes

revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

Twitter: @revival_studios / @bitstormgames

191265260975581 @revival_studios
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 11:14:06 AM »

I do have some friends over from time to time to play some Videopac stuff.

Sometimes my own stuff, sometimes the O2/videopac classics.

I must say classics like Munchkin, KC's Krazy Chase and Terrahawks do stand the test of time and remain as fun to play today as they were back then. I think Because Munchkin is different enough from the countless of pacman clones it does stand out, despite its primitive graphics.

Of all the resurfaced/rereleased prototypes i think Robot City plays the best.

www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
www.bitstormgames.com - Indie games on PC, Mobile and Consoles
www.videopacgames.com - My own games and videogame collection for sale
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: