Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 19, 2019, 09:42:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Musician emulation?  (Read 1246 times)
majestyx
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« on: April 14, 2013, 09:53:03 PM »

Is this cart in the same vein as Backgammon in that it has an odd memory configuration and thus will not work properly in O2EM? I just get some really odd sounds and abrupt starts and stops. I was looking for info about it but haven't seen anything other than that it uses a memory scheme akin to Backgammon. Any info would be helpful, thanks.
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 11:20:07 PM »

Is this cart in the same vein as Backgammon in that it has an odd memory configuration and thus will not work properly in O2EM? I just get some really odd sounds and abrupt starts and stops. I was looking for info about it but haven't seen anything other than that it uses a memory scheme akin to Backgammon. Any info would be helpful, thanks.

Backgammon is a standard cart, but the timing of this game causes problems in O2em. Musician has the same memory scheme as 4-in-1 row. But the main problem of Musician for O2em is the way the tones are generated: not by the videochip, but by switching the sound output on and off with the timer function of the processor.
majestyx
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 03:51:33 AM »

Ah, thanks for the info, Rene. Appreciate the education.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: