Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
January 23, 2018, 07:10:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling all homebrewers: Ody wants a Flappy Bird too!  (Read 7922 times)
Ozyr
Give this man a Jopac!

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2014, 05:19:44 AM »

Ok, I think I figured how the fly should be. Huh?

OMG! I havent' laughed this much in a long time... (Not your fault Rafael). Just something about the simplicity of the game, and that 'this' is what all the craze is about? I tiny flapping bird going through gaps in pipes. Okay. I find it funny for some reason. It play good, bit tough, but that is fine. Like how the bird flaps and all. The odd green plane, have no idea.

I think this should be expanded, but I also think this would make a good addition to another release (like two for one). By itself, it would need a lot more IMHO.

Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2014, 09:15:23 AM »

Yes! That's the way it should be!  Cool And already quite hard to play!

Now the only thing left is random height for the opening between the tubes, and no green plane popping up (at least on O2EM, haven't tested it on real hardware)

I like the sounds and also the cloudy background.

@Ozyr: yes the game should be this simple, it is indeed what makes it fun and you keep on trying to beat your highscore.
Maybe there should be a multigame release with other minigames like in the first O2/Vpac releases. "Saved people" comes to mind. Can't remember just by heart if there were more but I am sure Rafael has some on his sleeves.
They should call it the "Time-wasters series" ;-)

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Rafael

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2014, 02:39:15 AM »

Ok, I think I figured how the fly should be. Huh?

OMG! I havent' laughed this much in a long time... (Not your fault Rafael). Just something about the simplicity of the game, and that 'this' is what all the craze is about? I tiny flapping bird going through gaps in pipes. Okay. I find it funny for some reason. It play good, bit tough, but that is fine. Like how the bird flaps and all. The odd green plane, have no idea.

I think this should be expanded, but I also think this would make a good addition to another release (like two for one). By itself, it would need a lot more IMHO.

I havenīt noticed this grenn plane. Naturally thereīs a lot of things Iīm planning to do here. First, I have to fix the screen limits. Also Iīm plannig to random the pipes and also change itīs colors, add high score and an intro screen and plus gfx.
revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

Twitter: @revival_studios / @bitstormgames

191265260975581 @revival_studios
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2014, 07:09:14 PM »

Ugh... this f*&king thing.... Don't we already have flappy bird on videopac?

Its called cavity  

Yes its literally 2 minutes of work modding cavity and no, i'm not going to release it.
Now ask us homebrewers to make some REAL games hmmmkay?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:25:32 PM by revivalstudios » Logged

www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
www.bitstormgames.com - Indie games on PC, Mobile and Consoles
www.videopacgames.com - My own games and videogame collection for sale
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
Janzl
Administrator

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2014, 11:51:10 AM »

Revival, stop bitching  Cheesy

Every system needs a Flappy Bird so does the Vpac and Ody.

And if you consider Flappy Bird the same as Cavity but also want homebrewers to create some real games then you are not doing you own game any justice!  Grin

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2014, 12:43:07 PM »

I remember people at church talking about this game.

I'd get it, if it was not as hard as Astrododge! Cheesy
revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

Twitter: @revival_studios / @bitstormgames

191265260975581 @revival_studios
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2014, 02:49:50 PM »

Revival, stop bitching  Cheesy

Every system needs a Flappy Bird so does the Vpac and Ody.

And if you consider Flappy Bird the same as Cavity but also want homebrewers to create some real games then you are not doing you own game any justice!  Grin
Technically cavity is a flappy bird with a somewhat intelligent pickup system (w/ picking up the blinking pickup at the right time to slow down) from a time without any flapping birds..
Although not my best game, i am still proud of how it turned out and definitely prefer it to flappy bird.

On that subject:
Only regrets about my own games so far was my blind-sighter obsession of tweaking the first levels of air-assault to make the landing-gear reward possible. While in it self is a GREAT challenge to do in the game, it completely destroys the difficulty curve of the game. The rest of the game is actually pretty decent.
Also i wanted to include more in Down! but wasn't able to include it due to technical limitations.

I actually like the difficulty of Astrododge and would probably not change it if i had the chance, but i agree it can be a steep wall to climb for a new player. Once you are 'in the zone' though it is awesome. I have people come up to me that also own the coleco/msx version and tell me they prefer the videopac one. There is something hypnotic about that engine-humming i guess ;-)

www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
www.bitstormgames.com - Indie games on PC, Mobile and Consoles
www.videopacgames.com - My own games and videogame collection for sale
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
timdu
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2014, 03:37:05 PM »

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pass along the news that Rafael and I (well, the 2600 Connection team) will be releasing HAPPY BIRD!, (the Flappy Bird clone) on cartridge!
I am planning a release date of HAPPY BIRD! ( 100 serial numbered cartridges, box, and manual) on December 15, 2014.

More information to come,

Tim
TomBeck
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2014, 07:12:42 PM »

Wonderful news.  Cheesy

2600 connection publish many many games this year ! Many thanks for all !

I hope 2015 will also be a good Videopac/O2 year !

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
timdu
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2014, 09:58:07 PM »

The HAPPY BIRD! web site page is now up on the web site:

http://www.2600connection.com/features/happy_bird/features_happy_bird.html

thanks,

Tim
TomBeck
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2014, 12:29:35 AM »

With so many games for our Videopac/O2 system, I think it`s time to rename 2600 Connection.

A name that "connect" both systems.

Maybe:

26002 Connection   

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
AtariBuff
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2014, 09:23:31 AM »

#3 for me please  Smiley
mjb
Freedom Fighter

Another Year More Videopac To Colllect

mark.bodiella BarmyfishUK
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2014, 06:03:38 PM »

One copy please,lowest available number please.

ptol
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2014, 06:20:40 PM »

1 for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: