Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 25, 2017, 03:14:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Order now: STRIKEFORCE by Revival Studios!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS?  (Read 652 times)
Serious
Played Munchkin once...

Serious Atari SeriousAtari
« on: September 24, 2013, 12:35:12 AM »

I'm giving a little thought to buying a 3DS, and I was curious if any of you have one, and what you think of it?

I currently use my iPod for gaming when I am travelling, but I am constantly frustrated by the lack of physical controls (which, for me, spoils what would otherwise be great games). Mostly, this is bothering me when playing games like Galaga, Defender, or Pac-Man.

The 3DS seems like an interesting alternative device to use for mobile gaming, since it has physical controls, but I'm unsure about the game library. I would mostly want to play arcade classics and games in a similar style.

I'm also giving some thought to the PS Vita, but I think I like the form-factor of the 3DS better.

If any of you have the 3DS, I'd like to get your thoughts on whether or not this is the right device for me..

Serious
Played Munchkin once...

Serious Atari SeriousAtari
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 06:11:21 PM »

I think I'm going to go for a DS Lite instead, due to what I've read about the short battery life of the 3DS (and PSVita), and the DS Lite offers backwards compatibility with GBA games..

Thinice
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 06:24:16 PM »

My wife has a DS Lite. I bought a PSP. Our kids has the 3DS. I have Namco Museum for the DS, when I can borrow it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: