Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
November 19, 2017, 07:02:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing High Score league for Videopac.nl  (Read 4233 times)
Serious
Played Munchkin once...

Serious Atari SeriousAtari
« on: November 04, 2013, 01:33:59 AM »

Hi everyone,

After discussing with Janzl and getting his approval, I have created a High Score league for Videopac.nl forum members at HighScore.com.

If you are interested in participating, when you register an account at highscore.com, use sign-up code "VideopacNL". This will associate your High Score account with the Videopac.nl league.

Here is how it works:

1. You submit your score on highscore.com with a photo or video as evidence of your achievement.
2. Other highscore.com users review your submission and vote on whether or not they believe it is legit.
3. After voting has finished, your score is ranked, and you receive trophies if your score is the best in your city, province, country, or world. There are points associated with these accomplishments.
4. You will be ranked on the Videopac.nl league page against other league members for your accomplishments.

Also, if you forget to enter the "VideopacNL" sign-up code when you register, or have any difficulty with registering, just let me know.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Serious
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 01:34:54 AM »

P.S. There has already been a league going for AtariAge for a while. While they don't post many Odyssey 2 scores, there have been a few.

These are the highest Odyssey 2/Videopac scores logged on highscore.com by myself and members of the AtariAge league, so far:

Attack of the Timelord689Serious
Pick Axe Pete148killersquirel
Power Lords11,290Serious
Puzzle Piece Panic!16,747killersquirel
Super Cobra77killersquirel
Thunderball48,290bombidragon
Tutankham420killersquirel
UFO631Serious

Serious
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 07:38:58 AM »

FYI..

I'm running a contest right now where the user who beats the most scores on highscore.com (and cracks the associated trophies) wins a $50 AtariAge gift certificate.

Videopac.nl league members are eligible for the prize.

Let me know if you have any questions.

ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 02:32:05 PM »

Um yes, which games should I play? The ones listed in "Odyssey2/Videopac Emulated"? Or can I add others too?

Ozyr
Give this man a Jopac!

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 03:25:34 AM »

When I try to sign up (twice now), at the very end, I get 'Sorry, but something went wrong. Please check your input and try again.(-2)'. Not sure what the issue is!?

Serious
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 05:53:42 PM »

CCC: Any games you want. If there is a game you want to submit a score for that isn't in the database, I can add it for you.

Ozyr: Interesting. I will look into that. Are you using Ozyr as your user name?

ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 06:28:22 PM »

Terrahawks / Attack Of The Timelord and Pick Axe Pete for the first please.

Those are already in the VP/O2 section, but not in the emulated section.

Rafael
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 09:50:21 PM »

Nice. IŽll be playing some games this weekend!
Serious
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 02:25:07 AM »

Terrahawks / Attack Of The Timelord and Pick Axe Pete for the first please.

Those are already in the VP/O2 section, but not in the emulated section.

They are now added.

Serious
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 02:36:20 AM »

I am really looking forward to increased competition on the O2 games.

I am going to start working pretty hard on beating any O2 score that gets submitted.  Smiley

Rafael

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 07:21:37 PM »

Today is holiday here. A good day for play Smiley
Back in the days I just used to sit on the floor and spent all day playing my Ody. Sadly, nowdays, if you try to do the same, you end the gaming session with pain on legs, or back, or neck, or it all together Sad
Anyway, I did it I later IŽll upload some pics theres (and claim my crown Cheesy).
But I have some questions? 1) If I want to play a game not listed of High Score site, I need to ask for it first or I send a picture and the game will be included. 2) Odyssey/Videopac list includes O3/G7400 exclusives. like Norseman and Helicopter Rescue. Ody games will be included in their diferent variations, One of my fav, mine to play Pick Axe Pete is the #4 (Thanks to the exclusive alpha-numeric keyboard  I included this info in the picture IŽll sent Wink)
Serious
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 08:08:24 PM »

Hi Rafael,

Any score is accepted. If the game or variation you want to play isn't in the database, I will add it for you. The request form on the site is the fastest way: http://highscore.com/request/

P.S. Here's a link to the page that has all the stats for the contest that began yesterday: http://highscore.com/contest/

Serious
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 09:16:53 AM »

Hey Rafael,

Those are some pretty impressive scores!

ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 10:30:53 AM »

When I try to sign up (twice now), at the very end, I get 'Sorry, but something went wrong. Please check your input and try again.(-2)'. Not sure what the issue is!?

I have exactly the same problem.

Rafael

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2013, 03:03:59 PM »

Hey Rafael,
Those are some pretty impressive scores!

To keep these games interesting is needed to have a goal. When Odyssey was released here with Odyssey Aventura magazine and others gaming publications there was a guy named "Antonio A.  Castro" this guy had really impressive scores and was a kind of inspiration for the Odyssey kids. I not sure you can read but I attached a mag page  with some High Scores.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: