Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 25, 2017, 03:22:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Order now: STRIKEFORCE by Revival Studios!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing High Score league for Videopac.nl  (Read 3997 times)
Serious
Played Munchkin once...

Serious Atari SeriousAtari
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 08:16:31 PM »

I definitely agree that games are more fun when you have a score you are trying to beat (whether it is your own or someone else's)..

What magazine is that page from? I am guessing it isn't Odyssey Aventura, since it has an Intellivision game in it (Masters of the Universe).

Serious
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 06:34:28 PM »

I just posted a score of 14,650 for Frogger, which beats the score that was posted by killersquirel (an AtariAge member), but he is pledging to come back and destroy me.

I also uploaded a score of 48 for Mayhem last night.

Rafael
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 09:36:53 PM »

What magazine is that page from? I am guessing it isn't Odyssey Aventura, since it has an Intellivision game in it (Masters of the Universe).

The page is from a magazine called Video Disney, it was a publication with Disney comics, videogame, computers etc. Only 4 numbers was made. You can check one of these numbers here:
http://www.datacassete.com.br/revistas/detail/Video-Dysney-n-2/57.html
BTW.: If someone interested in "read" brazilian Odyssey Aventuras, all numbers are on the same site:
http://www.datacassete.com.br/revistas/edicao/Odyssey-Aventura/57.html
Serious
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 08:14:14 AM »

Congrats Rafael on your Killer Bees score. It was voted legit today, and it cracked my worldwide trophy.

Here are the scores now on Killer Bees:

ScoreUserCityState/ProvinceCountryDate
41,373rafaelibitingaSao PauloBrazil11-15-2013
18,913SeriousAustinTexasUnited States08-14-2013

Serious
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 01:41:53 AM »

I've just added Speedway: Skill 1 and Speedway: Skill 2 to the database.

This is the complete list of games now available for score entry:

Air Assault
Astrododge
Atlantis
Attack of the Timelord
Cavity
Color Clash
Demon Attack
Freedom Fighters
Frogger
KC Munchkin
KC's Krazy Chase
Killer Bees
Loony Balloon
Mayhem
Pick Axe Pete
Power Lords
Puzzle Piece Panic!
Robot City
Speedway: Skill 1
Speedway: Skill 2
Stairrunner
Super Cobra
Terrahawks: The Second Assault
Thunderball
Turtles
Tutankham
UFO

If there are any other games you'd like made available for score entry, just let me know.

P.S. I plan to add Videopac+ games to the database soon.

Serious
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 11:42:18 PM »

Outside of the highest scores in the VideopacNL league alone, you can also quickly view all of the top Odyssey 2/Videopac scores at this location:

http://highscore.com/scoreboard/Odyssey2Videopac/8

Rafael has about half of the high scores on this page.

Nognir
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 01:37:53 AM »

I will try to add my scores in the next few days Smiley
At least from the games which I can compete with Cheesy

Real games need only one button
Serious
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »

I will try to add my scores in the next few days Smiley
At least from the games which I can compete with Cheesy

I posted a score for Q*Bert last night. I was greatly hindered by the logic of Level 3 (where you can undo your own work if you jump on it again). I've never progressed that far in any other version, so I was completely unprepared for the mental aspect of it.

I think I may need to map out some patterns for how to complete those pyramids. (Rafael has probably already got this figured out very well, based on his score!)

Nognir
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 11:37:56 PM »

Q*bert is also very hard for me. I couldn't achieve very high scores with it Sad
Also put up some Vectrex Highscores. Sorry, that I put in the wrong links for the pictures!

Real games need only one button
Rafael
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 02:51:24 AM »

For Q*Bert I start to paint the 2 bottom pyramid lines. In the past the levels 3 and 4 drive me nuts, I used to hate Q*bert in past. Thereīs no way to map it, since the enemies you force you to change your path (and thatīs the charming of the classic games). So just to try to paint the bottom of pyramid as fast you can. Beware with the blocks where the enemies enter, in the case of Odyssey it will have at maximum 3 enemies on screen, so try to find the better chance to paint these blocks. Learn the enemies patterns and try to use the side discs only to scape for the serpent. The rest is many pratice. Wink
Serious
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2014, 12:24:05 AM »

I've made a number of improvements to High Score recently.

Among them:

• Avatar system is now native to the site. There are now a variety of default avatars that are assigned, most of which I believe you all will recognize.  Smiley
  • Direct uploading of photos to High Score is now supported instead of linking to photos hosted externally.
  • You now have a vanity URL for your public profile in the format of highscore.com/rafael
  • You can now set goals to beat specific scores on the site and win points when you accomplish your goals.
  • You now have levels that are based on the martial arts belt system (you start as a white belt), and you level up when you achieve enough points through winning trophies, voting, and accomplishing goals on the site.

I have many more enhancements planned for the near future, and I may be able to launch 1-2 more of them this weekend.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: