Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 15, 2019, 01:43:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New member and glad to see my old pixelfriend hardware and a forum!  (Read 3971 times)
Define
Attacked the Timelord

« on: November 06, 2013, 02:04:41 PM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Dennis from Hellevoetsluis, Holland and a Videopac-kid from back in the days when they released the G7000 etc.
(yes i am 40 years young haha)

I did had a lot of games in two philips boxes i can recall, (with red logo) then selling the G7000 for a G7400, getting it with my parents for christmas or something.
I was hooked on the thing (so was my father..) and even can't remember how often i went to the local shop to play or once in a while get a new game again!

Anyway, in the end we sold the lot for a Commodore 64 > Atari ST's > PC ..and now we are in this age already!!
(I was never again a console-guy again except for a PS-2 wich i sold on again)

A couple of years ago i bought some Atari-2600/7800 VCS stuff because i had a cleared out display standing in my extra bedroom, here in my apartment in Hellevoetsluis.
I think i was just stumbling across it, wanting to get something from that era to please the urge Wink

Not long ago, i decided to put everything named Atari on "Markplaats.nl" and wanting back ONLY my old love, the Philips Videopac-serie again!

I have an extra room for it and don't want any of it in my living room, so this space is ideal as i made it into a sort of game space / extention of my master bedroom.
It's not a big space (normal bedroom), but there is also enough for a beamer & Playseat to play simrace once in a while!
The room is also the place where my other hobby is, (-since the Atari ST time) making electronic music with my "Ableton" program.

Anyway, i am kind of busy trying and collecting only Videopac and i must say sometimes there is still a lot on offer here in Holland!
This weekend i drove 265km back and forth, just to pick up some goodies and also a nice G-7200 unit with English ROM, i already opened & cleaned it fully since i have another hobby wich is car detailing and polishing (yes better then the dealer will and getting rid of scratches...so ask me if you have any questions!)
These goodies can be used on old plastics too!

I wil place a some pics and list of my collection here soon, i miss a lot still ofcourse but it's fun searching also and learning a lot from you guys!
I also got a Amok cartridge, Norseman and Sierra(!) Music box and some more nice things!

Thanks for now!
Grtz, Dennis

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:01:31 PM by Define » Logged

Videopac 4 life
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 12:11:12 AM »

Welcome to the forum.

8 bits of fun
darrin9999
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 03:53:11 AM »

Welcome!
ptol
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 09:11:00 AM »

Welcome!
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 09:21:24 AM »

Also from me... WELCOME !!!

Have a good time here  Cheesy

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
Define
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 02:17:01 AM »

Thanks people!
I will find my way and glad to be a part of preserving these memories and hardware too Wink

Videopac 4 life
Serious
Played Munchkin once...

Serious Atari SeriousAtari
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 07:51:34 AM »

Its good you got back into it in time to get an Amok cartridge while they're still available.

I have great memories of playing both Odyssey 2 and Atari 2600, so I collect both, and still play both systems on a regular basis.

grgh
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 05:43:40 AM »

It sounds like you have enough space to collect to collect all videopac console as well  Evil

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
Define
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 04:41:02 PM »

@Serious:
If you are interested in Atari VCG's checkout my for sale page on this site, making room for the Videopac only! :
(also listed some videopac double's...)

LINK

There's always room for a talk and there are some new goodies also present.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 01:33:02 PM by Define » Logged

Videopac 4 life
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 09:54:03 PM »

Welcome, Dennis. Every is nice to meet more Vpac fans comin to the forum. Smiley
Define
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 01:35:06 PM »

Thanks!

Videopac 4 life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: