Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 25, 2017, 03:23:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with Philips Videopac G7400  (Read 3222 times)
gertk
Post Axe Pete!

gertk64
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 07:06:03 PM »

I would advice to try with another cartridge just to be sure that your cartridge is not the problem.

>>G7000 G7200(P+S) G7400 N60 JET27 VG5000 ZX80 ZX81 ORIC-1 COMX35 Aquarius<<
VideopacBelgium
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 07:42:23 PM »

Yes you're right Xiwi,
Do you want a spare CPU 8048 for G7400 ?

Videopac digger
Xiwi
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 09:28:55 PM »

But i donīt have any more cartridge game to prove it, so you can tell me what do u view in your screen when you plug the console on TV without game in?
Define
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 09:44:13 PM »

With my 7000 console it was the same without a cartridge in (or was it my 7400?, sorry don't remember)
I just think it will be okay with another cartridge, i remember your screen.... maybe i'm right, i hope.

Sometimes you get a blue screen (depends on tv) and sometimes there is a jumbled up screen like you've shown.

Videopac 4 life
Bingow

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 10:27:03 AM »

Hello everybody,

Iíve got the same problem on my video pac g7400. I bought a second handed video pac with a few games, plugged it in, searched the right channel, etc.. But when I tried it out I had more or less the same image, although it varied if I tried restarting it or using my other cartridges. I tried all the above mentioned stuff (Like: trying other cartridges, also blowing my lungs out (thought it might be dust), pressing the reset button (which sometimes changed the image/squares on the screen). All in vainÖ
I donít really know what else I could try.. (Also: Iím not really a very technical guy, so I hope its easy to fix Cheesy)
Rene_G7400
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 10:07:31 AM »

Have you carefully checked the cartridge connector for corrosion, dirt and broken pins? Does anything change on the screen when you wiggle the cartridge while the console is on?
If you are sure that the cartridge connector is fine, then this won't be an easy fix, because propably a chip needs to be replaced. Some of them can be replaced easily because they have a socket, but it means you need another G7400 for spare parts.
Bingow

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 10:29:29 AM »

Have you carefully checked the cartridge connector for corrosion, dirt and broken pins? Does anything change on the screen when you wiggle the cartridge while the console is on?
If you are sure that the cartridge connector is fine, then this won't be an easy fix, because propably a chip needs to be replaced. Some of them can be replaced easily because they have a socket, but it means you need another G7400 for spare parts.

The cartridge connector looks okay (No broken pins, or corrosion at first sight). Also there are some changes on the screen when I wiggle the cartridge when the console is on.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 03:41:25 PM by Bingow » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: