Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 08, 2019, 12:43:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Odyssey 2 owner  (Read 2600 times)
LS650
Played Munchkin once...

« on: January 18, 2014, 05:33:56 AM »

Hi!
I never had a chance to play Odyssey2 back in the 70s, though I do recall seeing them in the store back then.  I started playing with the O2EM emulator a few months ago.  
I really like some of the games, especially UFO! and Killer Bees! so I decided to get an O2 console.  

I won an eBay auction a couple of weeks ago, and today my O2 arrived!
It came with 10 games, including boxes and manuals in decent shape.  The games are Football, UFO, Alien Invaders Plus, Speedway, Thunderball, KC Munchkin, Alpine Skiing, Computer Golf, Monkeyshines, and Freedom Fighters.  I played with it for a bit just now and found that everything seems to work well.

As a new owner, do you have any recommendations?  I like arcade action type games, and think UFO is a superb game.  

I notice from eBay that although common games are not too bad for prices, some of the rarer release like the Imagic or Parker Bros games can be very expensive.  I am more into playing than collecting, although real hardware beats emulation every day of the week.

I have been thinking of picking up a few homebrews and maybe a multicart.  Is there a website vendor you can recommend I check out for either homebrews or a multicart?

Thanks...
VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 07:16:57 PM »

Hi LS650 & Welcome here !

It depends if you are a collector or a player, or both.
That's the question.

If you're a collector, search & find, trade, swap, buy the O2/VP games (and systems), it's the fun.
If you're a player, buy the multi-cart. it's the fun too.
If you're both, it's the perfect fun.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 10:49:50 PM by VideopacBelgium » Logged

Videopac digger
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 10:14:41 PM »

Congratulations
Congratulations
Congratulations
Congratulations
You have just acquired the ultimate video game system!

I still remembering me reading the O2 owner manual when my ody came to me at 3:00 am. At my point of view you can find a lot of fun games. UFO is for sure a great title, recently I had big exciment till beat Serious score: http://www.highscore.com/game/?g=1283&enterscore=1
In other side Tom beat me on Killer Bees http://www.highscore.com/game/?g=1277&enterscore=1  Angry

The rest is just like Marc said.

Welcome!
daddy_scott
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 12:39:53 AM »

How do I get people to verify the high score I posted on that site?  I did Tutankham a while back, but no votes have been cast for it.
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 09:31:34 PM »

How do I get people to verify the high score I posted on that site?  I did Tutankham a while back, but no votes have been cast for it.

Better you verify it. I go to vote in your score, but seems itīs not there Huh?
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 09:33:45 PM »

As a new owner, do you have any recommendations?  I like arcade action type games, and think UFO is a superb game.  

If you like space arcade games I think Freedom Figthers is close to UFO. I like to play with the blue ship. Itīs seems hard at the beggin but with practice you can get fun with it.
daddy_scott
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 10:45:43 PM »

Hmmm....I log into my account and I can find it when I look up "Waiting on Votes".  It shows I need 11 votes. 

It's under Odyssey 2/Videopac, not the emulator.

How can I verify it myself?
LS650
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 11:44:49 PM »

If you like space arcade games I think Freedom Figthers is close to UFO. I like to play with the blue ship. Itīs seems hard at the beggin but with practice you can get fun with it.
I have F.F. also.  It's fun also, though I think UFO is better.  IMHO UFO is a great safe shooter - really a lot of fun.  I spent a solid hour playing it this morning.

I'm looking for a multi cart as some of the games I'd like to get - Turtles, Frogger, Atlantis, etc are just not affordable to buy. 
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 12:28:42 AM »

I'm looking for a multi cart as some of the games I'd like to get - Turtles, Frogger, Atlantis, etc are just not affordable to buy. 

http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php?topic=1987.0

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
LS650
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 12:48:05 AM »

Thanks - I have heard from Rene and he will let me know if he ends up with any extras from this latest run.
Serious
Played Munchkin once...

Serious Atari SeriousAtari
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 04:05:37 PM »

Hmmm....I log into my account and I can find it when I look up "Waiting on Votes".  It shows I need 11 votes. 

I did a bit of research to try to find what the issue is here.

I found one Tutankham score submitted that hasn't been accepted, by username duek469. I am guessing this is you?

There is a URL in the comments, but scores will not go into voting unless a photo was added though the submit evidence mechanism. I'm not sure why you had trouble adding the photo. Feel free to PM me if you run into this problem again.

Using the URL you posted in the comments, I manually added the photo as evidence, so the submission should go into voting now. You can see the submission at http://highscore.com/score/?s=2983.

One suggestion: There doesn't appear to be anything identifying in the photo to help show that it is indeed you who submitted the score, so there may be some doubters in the voting. If you have a piece of paper with your username written on it in the photo, that is usually enough to remove most doubts.

daddy_scott
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 05:41:10 PM »

I did a bit of research to try to find what the issue is here.

I found one Tutankham score submitted that hasn't been accepted, by username duek469. I am guessing this is you?

There is a URL in the comments, but scores will not go into voting unless a photo was added though the submit evidence mechanism. I'm not sure why you had trouble adding the photo. Feel free to PM me if you run into this problem again.

Using the URL you posted in the comments, I manually added the photo as evidence, so the submission should go into voting now. You can see the submission at http://highscore.com/score/?s=2983.

One suggestion: There doesn't appear to be anything identifying in the photo to help show that it is indeed you who submitted the score, so there may be some doubters in the voting. If you have a piece of paper with your username written on it in the photo, that is usually enough to remove most doubts.

Yep, that's me.  I didn't think about the ID when I took the picture.  I might have to submit another score.  Thanks for the help.  When I do submit another score, I might call on you for help with the photo.  I can't remember off the top of my head what the exact problem was with the picture.
Serious
Played Munchkin once...

Serious Atari SeriousAtari
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 04:04:20 AM »

Yep, that's me.  I didn't think about the ID when I took the picture.  I might have to submit another score.  Thanks for the help.  When I do submit another score, I might call on you for help with the photo.  I can't remember off the top of my head what the exact problem was with the picture.

Sure. I'm more than happy to help.

Understanding any trouble you have with posting a photo will help me figure out how to make it easier for everyone.

Besides, I'm always completely thrilled to see more Odyssey scores on the site..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: