Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
November 17, 2019, 05:21:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Laserdisc  (Read 4829 times)
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« on: February 28, 2014, 09:20:12 PM »

Today i bought my first laserdisc player. Somehow i like all those different media formats. I got this one from marktplaats for only 20 euro and it works like a charm. Recently i found a few laserdiscs at a triftshop, and i wanted to see them. Got Rambo III, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Back to the future part 1, and M.A.S.H. those where a total of 10 euro.

8 bits of fun
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 06:31:08 PM »

I was also an owner from a Laserdisc player. It was in the golden Amiga age. After the Videopac came MSX for me, because Philips told me, it was the best for me. Roll Eyes   But after the MSX I bought no CDi  Evil, I bought an Amiga. Later I bought the Pioneer CLD 1600 to play Laserdisc games on Amiga. There was a company (LDG: Laser-Disc-Games/Software Corner) here in germany that sold the players, the Laserdisks, cable to connect the Amiga with the Pioneer and software. After connection I played month over month DRAGON`S LAIR form Laserdisc. It was wonderful. Later I bought an adventure on Laserdisc. THAYER`S QUEST. It was a great time.
But the company makes many wrong. I dont know when, but one day I canīt get they anymore on the phone. Till today I dont know, if there are more games like this two from LDG. On the Laserdiscs were teasers for more games. But I only had this two.

After some years I sold it at ebay to a guy in Italy. But the Laserdisc time was great for me. It worked fantasitic with my Amiga. There was also a version for Atari and IBM. And of course I had films on discs.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 11:09:00 PM by TomBeck » Logged

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 07:35:55 PM »

Wow, you shouldn't have sold that set!  Cry

I had an Atari STE back then but I didn't know that there was a Laserdisk add-on.

TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 07:55:41 PM »

Wow, you shouldn't have sold that set!  Cry

I know.  Cry

Today I wouldn`t sold it anymore. We all make mistakes in the past. Belive it or not. Here are some people, they sold there Videopac back then  Angry
(I couldn`t do that)

But one thing I have from that time. One Laserdisc DRAGONS LAIR! Because they send me two and I had to pay only one. So one goes to Italy and one I have till now!  Cool

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
Serious
Played Munchkin once...

Serious Atari SeriousAtari
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 12:45:40 AM »

I used to play Thayer's Quest in the arcade. I haven't heard mention of it since then. It was a great game, but I wasted many tokens at a place where I got stuck, and I gave up on it.

I never knew there were home laserdisc versions of those games. That's really cool!

I've been thinking for years about getting a laserdisc player of my own, mostly for watching 70s/80s movies that have never made it to DVD, or ones where the DVD version is inferior (i.e. Star Wars). Plus, a laserdisc player is one piece of 1980s home entertainment technology that I've never owned that I find myself kinda nostalgic for.

darrin9999
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 02:11:03 AM »

I also love the older media formats! I have 5 or 6 different laserdisc players and hundreds of movies. also have a couple CED players and a bunch of movies for that.

Smiley
ptol
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 03:41:29 PM »

I also collect Laserdisc stuff. I'm happy to own a working Philips VLP 720 player with a lot of LaserVision discs amongst the other players and discs.
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 05:16:54 PM »

Still got my LD player, and some animation discs (and a few others). Been looking to let it go, but would like to transfer the animation to DVD, but have not found a good method yet (been through some hardware, and it always turns out like a bad VHS tape).

revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

Twitter: @revival_studios / @bitstormgames

191265260975581 @revival_studios
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 01:42:32 PM »

I have a fairly large laserdisc collection myself (including many limited edition boxsets), but a few years ago my pionneer laserdisc player brok down (a plastic handle inside broke in half) and never had it fixed so far.

If you are interested, i'm selling a large part of my laserdisc collectio

www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
www.bitstormgames.com - Indie games on PC, Mobile and Consoles
www.videopacgames.com - My own games and videogame collection for sale
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 09:30:22 PM »

I have a fairly large laserdisc collection myself (including many limited edition boxsets), but a few years ago my pionneer laserdisc player brok down (a plastic handle inside broke in half) and never had it fixed so far.

If you are interested, i'm selling a large part of my laserdisc collectio
Tempting, but since this player only plays PAL, it's very limited, anyways.
I'm also considering selling the player and discs again.
It's a fun system and has a real cool factor, but to be honest, it's easier to use netflix or watch dvd's.

8 bits of fun
gertk
Post Axe Pete!

gertk64
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 05:46:46 PM »

What type of LD player is it ? Any pictures of the broken part ?

P.S. I have 3 working Coleco's for you  Smiley

>>G7000 G7200(P+S) G7400 N60 JET27 VG5000 ZX80 ZX81 ORIC-1 COMX35 Aquarius<<
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: