Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
January 22, 2020, 08:23:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High Score contest for High Water Patrol and Sea Rescue  (Read 4417 times)
Nognir
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 12:21:19 AM »

Well done Darrin!

I'm still trying to beat your score, but still haven't made it yet Cheesy maybe next time I have the luck on my side Smiley

Real games need only one button
darrin9999
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 02:00:44 AM »

Well done Darrin!

I'm still trying to beat your score, but still haven't made it yet Cheesy maybe next time I have the luck on my side Smiley

Thanks!

I just beat my high score by a little! its up on highscore.com
Nognir
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 06:25:10 PM »

I already voted for it Smiley
At least I don't have to be so sad anymore Cheesy

any special tactics you use to get this far?
Also i'm a bit curious if the gameplay will be more faster in the higher levels.

darrin9999
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 09:29:21 PM »

I already voted for it Smiley
At least I don't have to be so sad anymore Cheesy

any special tactics you use to get this far?
Also i'm a bit curious if the gameplay will be more faster in the higher levels.

No special tactics really, I just stay low to the water.
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 03:42:22 AM »

Some tips:

Try to map where the subs will appear, using the GPS. For example, the 1st sub will appear next to the middle of the green zone. I think itīs important, because in this interval you can concentrate only on air targets.
Try to hit the most air target as possible. Itīs possible to score more than 1700 before level 5.
Usually I alterante hitting some air targets and checking quickly for subs.Once you founded a sub, maybe itīs not the better moment to bomb it, youīll have some time to bomb it, so try to clean the sky before.
You both made really nice score Cheesy
Nognir
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 03:01:10 PM »

So the submarines aren't randomized?

staying low to the water was also my tactic. Honestly I find the game a bit easier, when the flying enemies are faster on level 2, because you only have to stay close to the water. in Level 1 you have to fly up in the air because the enemies can reach you everywhere. Don't know how to explain it, but I hope you understand what I mean. Cheesy

I try to give it a shot this evening, alone to map the submarines.
Thanks for your comments! Smiley

Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 02:59:03 AM »

So the submarines aren't randomized?

Honestly I find the game a bit easier, when the flying enemies are faster on level 2, because you only have to stay close to the water. in Level 1 you have to fly up in the air because the enemies can reach you everywhere. Don't know how to explain it, but I hope you understand what I mean. Cheesy

For sure. Iīm trying to be a good guy to get my Odyssey4 for Xmas  Cheesy
Anyway, while flying low is a good strategy to survive you can let to scape some precious points. Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: