Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
August 08, 2020, 07:36:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB: Walls!  (Read 4837 times)
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« on: June 24, 2014, 03:40:01 PM »

I just noticed that the only homebrew I am missing is Walls! ... Any chance anyone is willing to part with his copy? (or alternatively - will there be a second run, seeing that only 50 copies were made as opposed to 100 of e.g., Wildlife!)

I have literally 100s of European games and also quite a lot of US games for trade (maybe the odd Jopac as well, would have to check), if you are looking for a trade instead of cash ...

sex, lies, and videopac
timdu
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 02:06:28 AM »

I am happy to report that WALLS! will be available for sale.
What Chris and I have agreed on is to offer the game in an unnumbered format.
The game was originally released and sold in 2013. Fifty numbered cartridges ( 1 of 50, 2 of 50, etc. )  were made and they quickly sold out.
If you missed it, you were too late and you were out of luck.
I want to change that.

I really prefer not to do a second run of numbered games.
The games will be unnumbered...

It will be the same WALLS! game , but it will not have a serial number.

I will slightly alter the label, box insert, and manual,
so that it reflects that a change was made and the date will say 2014 on it ( for the manufacture date )
This will be so that it can easily be identified as a unnumbered copy of the game.

I will even include a small post card in the box that says it is an unnumbered copy of the game, not one of the original 50
that were made and released in 2013.

This way people can still buy and enjoy the game on cartridge, and fill the holes in their collection.

@ Manopac: who knows - if you buy an unnumbered game, maybe someone here will be willing to trade a serial numbered game for your unnumbered game.

Please check the WALLS! web site page @ http://www.2600connection.com/features/walls/features_walls.html

I will start the manufacturing process now and will update the web page when we have some WALLS! games to sell.
Hopefully within a week or two...

thank you!

Tim

manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 08:31:38 AM »

I'm actually fine with an unnumbered version of the game ;-) I don't collect every variation of homebrews, I just want to have one copy of the game ...

sex, lies, and videopac
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 07:17:03 AM »

It will be the same WALLS! game , but it will not have a serial number.

I will slightly alter the label, box insert, and manual,
so that it reflects that a change was made and the date will say 2014 on it ( for the manufacture date )
This will be so that it can easily be identified as a unnumbered copy of the game.

I will even include a small post card in the box that says it is an unnumbered copy of the game, not one of the original 50
that were made and released in 2013.

Is this for Walls only?

And one big thing, is that this will create a 'variation' for collectors if you plan to alter the label, insert, and manual. Personally, just not having the serial # would be sufficient, and would not warrant creating another collectors item. JMHO on this. I personally won't buy another, as I'm really, really tired of label and whatnot variations.

Sounds more like you are going unlimited, which I've always believed is the way to go (for those that say it can't be done, it can, as Packrat, John, and a few others have proven).

And on the flip side, would you offer to sell only the modified label and such if someone wanted that for his collection, but did not want a 2nd copy of the game(s)?

timdu
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 03:45:17 PM »

Good point, ozyr!  - it is not my intention to create an additional label variation and now make people feel they have to buy one.

So I think what I will do then is just use the same label, box insert, and manual. The game cartridge will simply have no serial numer.
I will include a manual-sized sheet of paper (on card stock) that states that the cartridge is an "unlimited" release cartridge, not one of the 50 serial-numbered cartridges
that were sold in 2013.

This will certainly be easier on me. I was wracking my brain thinking of how I could alter the
label, and now I will not have to do that.

I would like to do this for GOSUB! as well.

thank you

Tim
mjb
Post Axe Pete!

Another Year More Videopac To Colllect

mark.bodiella BarmyfishUK
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 05:40:36 PM »

Good point, ozyr!  - it is not my intention to create an additional label variation and now make people feel they have to buy one.

So I think what I will do then is just use the same label, box insert, and manual. The game cartridge will simply have no serial number.
I will include a manual-sized sheet of paper (on card stock) that states that the cartridge is an "unlimited" release cartridge, not one of the 50 serial-numbered cartridges
that were sold in 2013.

This will certainly be easier on me. I was wracking my brain thinking of how I could alter the
label, and now I will not have to do that.

I would like to do this for GOSUB! as well.

thank you

Tim

That sounds like a great idea.

Quick question for the release schedule,are you planning on doing a set number of unnumbered carts or just keep producing them as needed like Packrat?

Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 06:57:32 PM »

Great idea Tim! I was thinking of something similar this morning, and what you've come up with is great. Plus as you stated you won't have to redesign anything, just print up cart/sheet and no sticker.

Nice to see that you will go unlimited with some of your O2 releases. Outstanding in my book!

timdu
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 09:42:38 PM »

I am happy to report that WALLS! "unlimited" is now back in stock & available for sale.

More information @

http://www.2600connection.com/features/walls/features_walls.html

Please let me know if you have any questions.

thanks,

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: