Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
June 17, 2019, 05:45:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2. Retrobörse Linz 13.9.2014 + GameStage Expo!!  (Read 5081 times)
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« on: September 03, 2014, 10:04:29 PM »

Next week there is gonna be the second "Retrobörse" retrofair in Linz, Austria ... and it's gonna be big (both in that we got a location that is probably as big as all the previous Austrian retrofairs combined in one place) and also that we got more than 40 different sellers with almost 200 tables

Quite some people from the forum will be there as well, so if you have a chance to come by and say hi - please do so!

here's a link to the website with all the details:
http://www.retroboerse.de/linz.htm

the fair starts at 11:00 (will be added on the webpage shortly), admission fee is 4€

also - there is gonna be the "GameStage Expo" with free entry next door, featuring a retrogaming exhibition with quite some arcade machines and lots of playable systems, as well as Indie game developers from Austria (developing for new and retro systems) showing their latest games - also something not to be missed ;-)

sex, lies, and videopac
Blueleader
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 10:29:51 PM »

I'll be there Cheesy

If annyone arriving by train like me, you will find this page helpful if you don't want to walk from the trainstation.
http://www.linzag.at/efa/
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 10:46:17 PM »

I will be there too, not by train but by plane.
My hotel will be at the Danube river ( schöne blauer Donau ) and the bus from the airfield drives to the Hauptplatz (main square) from Linz that appears to look really nice according to google.
Is gonna be a mini-holiday for me and I'm really looking forward.

Oh yeah, and apparantly Adolf Hitler grew up quite nearby so I cant wait to meet the locals hahaha Wink

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 08:24:13 AM »

quote from Wikipedia:

"Adolf Hitler was born in the border town of Braunau am Inn but moved to Linz in his childhood. Hitler spent most of his youth in the Linz area, from 1898 until 1907, when he left for Vienna. The family lived first in the village of Leonding on the outskirts of town, and then on the Humboldtstrasse in Linz. After elementary education in Leonding, Hitler was enrolled in the Realschule (school) in Linz, as was the philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein. Notorious Holocaust architect Adolf Eichmann also spent his youth in Linz. To the end of his life, Hitler considered Linz to be his "home town",[4] and envisioned extensive architectural schemes for it, wanting it to become the main cultural centre of the Third Reich.[5] In order to make the city economically vibrant, Hitler initiated a major industrialization of Linz shortly before, and during, World War II."

... that said, the locals are usually quite friendly  ;-)

sex, lies, and videopac
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 02:20:26 PM »

Ah good to hear the locals are so friendly. As I have come to understand Hitler, apparantly, could be a real jerk.

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
AtariBuff
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 06:28:45 PM »

Looking forward to meet many of you guys in my hometown  Wink
Tom31
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 10:49:44 PM »

I will be there too, with my three kids.
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 06:44:07 PM »

Take some picture would love to see.

8 bits of fun
Blueleader
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 08:12:05 AM »

On my way to Linz.  Smiley

And I've a Cam.  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print