Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 28, 2020, 10:10:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blink Blast!?  (Read 2261 times)
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« on: October 19, 2014, 10:52:08 PM »

Something Earl Green posted on his site back in 2007, and has brought it up again (on Facebook - thus this post here - as not all here are on FB). He's already got someone who volunteered to try a 2600 version of this.

http://www.thelogbook.com/earl/2007/10/25/windows-to-the-pastand-binky-blast/

Would be curious is any of the programmer here would be up to trying to make this game!? It would be a challenge, I'm sure of that. If anyone is up to this, contact me  please!

Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 12:35:46 PM »

I remember it. Earl is a long time Ody fan, should be nice to see this project realized. Sadly, sometimes games aparently simple can be complex and vice versa. In the case of BB, at least for my skills, itīs a complex game. First the game uses at least 40 chars, Ody "just can" use 28 chars. Also,  this kind of game "will use" the quads. Quads are groups of 4 characters that canīt be moved indepently. So if the blink hit a quad char, you canīt move it vertically without to move the other 3 of the group. Naturally, these issues have/probably have an alternative solutions, but alternative solutions use to be a headache Cry
Rene_G7400
Pedit5

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 04:53:17 PM »

Quads are groups of 4 characters that canīt be moved indepently. So if the blink hit a quad char, you canīt move it vertically without to move the other 3 of the group.

That could be solved by replacing the quad-char that was hit by a space, and use a sprite to do the vertical movement.
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 04:44:48 PM »

Quads are groups of 4 characters that canīt be moved indepently. So if the blink hit a quad char, you canīt move it vertically without to move the other 3 of the group.

That could be solved by replacing the quad-char that was hit by a space, and use a sprite to do the vertical movement.

Yep. I had thinked about it, but we need to consider thereīs not much remainnig things to do it. Well, but Iīm tlaking with the guy who put more than 100 chars on the screen. Wink
gertk
Post Axe Pete!

gertk64
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 09:15:15 PM »

And with so much space between the lines you have time to reprogram the position and colors of the quads easily.

>>G7000 G7200(P+S) G7400 N60 JET27 VG5000 ZX80 ZX81 ORIC-1 COMX35 Aquarius<<
Rene_G7400
Pedit5

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 10:25:38 PM »

And with so much space between the lines you have time to reprogram the position and colors of the quads easily.

Yes, that is possible, but then you can't have any vertical moving objects in that area (like falling sprites), because they will get switched off too when you update the quads.

I think for this game you should only update the quads for the score.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: