Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 29, 2020, 08:19:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tut  (Read 10457 times)
list
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 09:04:25 PM »

mine arrived today Smiley
wow on the box Shocked
wow on the design Shocked
wow on the booklet Shocked

your a true credit to the videopac scene

well done mate Wink

Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 09:25:25 PM »

I totally agree, and I say it again, this is a great release  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
grgh

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 09:43:19 PM »

wow on the box Shocked

well done mate Wink

Sorry should have mentioned mine came yesterday. Great job and hopefully get a chance to play over the weekend.

Well done Dieter  Smiley

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 10:56:55 PM »

I can?t wait to wait to see my copy. Smiley
grgh

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2007, 07:52:31 PM »

WOW WHAT A TRULY AWESOME VIDEOPAC/ODYSSEY2 GAME!

IF I HAD BEEN THE ONE TO DISCOVER THIS ON A PROTO, MY HEART WOULD HAVE SKIPPED A BEAT, AND THEN I WOULD HAVE WET MYSELF!!

Dieter, truly many thanks for taking the time to release this for our small but enthusiastic and dedicated community, in such an authentic way.

Ok so I only spent maybe 15-20 minutes giving this a go, it took the G7401 a little while to recognise the cartridge properly, but I think that is largely because the thermometer outside my garage is registering minus 9 tonight, and the one up by the house shows minus 6, and my toes tell me that is probably fairly accurate!!, but I guess that's what you get for living in a valley in the hills...

I would like to record the first high score at a very modest 75, and this was without managing to put the key in the lock to progress past the first level, which even the demo manages to do :-( In my defense, I would like to point out that I do actually have an almost identical DOS based version of this game on a disc somewhere, so it took me a few goes to realise that in the VP/O2 version of this I can actually shoot things!!!

So anyway, the first thing I would like to point out, is that when it goes back to your high score and still says ZERO, just give it a few seconds to update! Took me a little while to realise this as I was still putting it down to a cold console!

I always thought that VP/O2 games couldn't cope with multiple lives, this game makes me really want to pick up that programming guide from Bas and try and remember some of that assembler I did 19 years ago.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 07:58:24 PM by grgh » Logged

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2007, 08:27:44 AM »

I've made it to the third level (on 0 difficulty) but haven't been able to find the key before losing my last life.  I know ccc--- has a cheatsheet/map on his website but I prefer trying to figure it out myself.
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2007, 04:16:48 PM »

ccc--- are there any Easter Eggs we should be aware of? 

I'm still stuck on the third level, D@MN Bats!  I have now found the key but this level is much more difficult to survive.  I keep losing lives by hitting corners of walls and then I stop while a bad guy closes in and gets me.

Anyone get past the third level yet?
dronspa
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2007, 10:39:35 PM »

Mine arrived saturday (also with Spiderman artwork).

I think that I spent more time looking at the artwork than playing the game... Cheesy

That's not a good job, that's a GREAT job!!! Thank you very much. It's a pleasure for me being at the "Owner's List" at your website.  Wink

Thanks again for your great job at our videopac community.

odyssey3
Played Munchkin once...

nhl2night
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2007, 05:07:44 AM »

wow on the box Shocked

well done mate Wink
Haven't got mine yet Sad hope before thanksgiving...<O3>
teller
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2007, 07:26:40 PM »

Mine arrived today!
Thanks alot CCC for this fine release!!!
It makes much more fun to play it on a real console, but still the game doesn't get easier.
I will play it tonight until I will find the Tutankham!
Roll Eyes
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2007, 08:38:55 PM »

I've made it to the third level (on 0 difficulty) but haven't been able to find the key before losing my last life.  I know ccc--- has a cheatsheet/map on his website but I prefer trying to figure it out myself.

Again many thanks for your kind words guys! It makes me really happy - it was really a LOT of work and it wasn't cheap, but it's great to hear such comments on your work :-)

It's hard to describe what I felt when I played the game for the very first time, being one of the very first people at all to play it, but these words on my website describe it pretty well:

Some day the Dutch collector sent me the BIN file of Tutankham. First I couldn't believe my eyes, then I started O2EM, then the game pulled me in a world that was there for 20 years, but noone ever had entered in the last two decades. It was an experience that I can't describe. Never has a game fascinated me so much since I played The Seven Cities Of Gold on my 8-bit Atari in the Eighties. Tutankham is simply the best Videopac game that I ever played!

A few days I couldn't do anything other, just play that game until I had beaten it. It was fantastic. I played the whole game again and made screenshots of each screen. A complete map of the game can be found on my website but I propose that you try it on your own, it's an incomparable experience.

ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2007, 08:40:03 PM »

ccc--- are there any Easter Eggs we should be aware of? 

So far I didn't find any Easter Eggs.

odyssey3
Played Munchkin once...

nhl2night
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2007, 04:24:32 AM »

I was up pretty late last night playing Tut, what a great game!  Great job ccc---!!!  I would agree that it is better than the Atari version, and I like that as well.  I might just move it into my top 5 Odyssey2/videopac games!  Parker Brothers missed the boat by developing this so late.  In my opinion it is a far better port than Popeye or Super Cobra (another game I like) and would have sold well. 

Thanks!

And yes, I agree with that. It's really a pity that the game was too late to hit the shelves back then.
Just ordered mine ... cant wait to get it !!!Thanks CCC...<O3>
all i can say is WOW!!! it was worth the wait!!, got mine last week and i haven't stopped playing it!!! good Job!! CCC and thanks again!!! KEEP THE Homebrews and the unreleased COMMING!!!<O3>
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2007, 11:00:01 PM »

Yeah! A day of storm and my Tut is on my home. Thanks for this release Dieter. A really great game, play it on TV is far better than paly it on emu. The packaging is really brigth and retro. Congrats. Smiley
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2007, 05:25:35 AM »

Has anyone finished the game yet?  I'm still stuck on level 4. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: