Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
November 23, 2019, 03:00:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Asteroids  (Read 12496 times)
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 11:57:18 PM »

The same problem with safari, an invisable ships shooting at you.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 12:38:23 AM by Seob » Logged

8 bits of fun
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 12:16:29 AM »

Thank god there are no visible shits in the game  Wink

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 03:21:13 AM »

I've gotten somewhat used to it. basically the ships resurrect after you hit one - only you don't see them. If you keep shooting along the path it was moving in, you rack up a lot of points!

Only time the invisible ships is gone is when a new ship arrives - until it it shot - and we go invisi again...

Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 05:22:05 PM »

As a bonus you can keep shooting when its game over. Only you don't score any points more  Cry.

8 bits of fun
pacdoc
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2007, 12:30:06 AM »

Hmmm, I didn't notice that. Kinda spoils the fun I guess  Sad.

Well if more people dislike it because of this bug, I might just remove it from the arcade.

Anyone an opinion on this?

Hi Janzl,

As I am also very unhappy with invisible ufos and so I have been on the homepage of this Asteriods today. I tested the game and there are no invisible ufos now. Unfortunately it is also a little bit faster  Undecided  Maybe the programmer has repaired the game in the meantime or something is happened in converting this game into the forum.
Could you maybe tranfer the repaired version also into the arcade games ? Let?s start a new competition with the repaired version.  Wink

On the other hand you can also leave the bug version also in the forum - so we would have two compeditions of asteroids  Evil

Best greetings,
pacdoc
Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2007, 05:05:03 AM »

Ah, leave it as is. I like the new high score person at the moment!!! Tongue

Only took me how many weeks (months) to get there. Let's see how long I last!?

pacdoc

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2007, 12:40:57 PM »

Ah, leave it as is. I like the new high score person at the moment!!! Tongue

Only took me how many weeks (months) to get there. Let's see how long I last!?

Hi ozyr,

gratulations to your new high score. Manopac is wide,wide away and cannot play at the moment and this is also good for you  Wink

Well, my suggestion is to have both versions in the arcade. You are now champion of the bug version but you could also be champion in the repaired version. This is your chance to be the ultimative asteroid king Cheesy

It is your chance...... Evil

greetings,
pacdoc
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2007, 01:04:25 PM »

I will leave the current Asteroids online as lots of people have put much much effort into gaining their highscores. It would a bit cruel (mildly stated) to just throw the game away.

Because of the popularity of the game and the many complaints about the invisible ship bug I am going to contact the programmer of the game to see if he wants to make the new version available for the forum arcade.
If he agrees, both versions will be in the arcade.

Just give me some time to do this as I am working on another project for the Arcade just now. Its gonna take some time to get it finished and it takes up all my spare-time (which I don't have much at the moment).

After that I will go for Asteroids  Smiley

Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2007, 06:54:17 PM »

Alright! Both versions!  Cheesy

Now I should rule them all!!!  Evil

pacdoc

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2007, 06:45:32 PM »

I will leave the current Asteroids online as lots of people have put much much effort into gaining their highscores. It would a bit cruel (mildly stated) to just throw the game away.

Because of the popularity of the game and the many complaints about the invisible ship bug I am going to contact the programmer of the game to see if he wants to make the new version available for the forum arcade.
If he agrees, both versions will be in the arcade.

Just give me some time to do this as I am working on another project for the Arcade just now. Its gonna take some time to get it finished and it takes up all my spare-time (which I don't have much at the moment).

After that I will go for Asteroids  Smiley

Thankyou Janzl, it will be very hard to be the king of both asteroids  Wink
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2007, 12:21:29 AM »

Unfortunately the programmer of Asteroids does not give me permission to place the game on this website or to release its code for making the game adjustments to get it to work on the forum arcade.

Cry

Sorry guys...

pacdoc

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2007, 01:37:02 PM »

Unfortunately the programmer of Asteroids does not give me permission to place the game on this website or to release its code for making the game adjustments to get it to work on the forum arcade.

Cry

Sorry guys...

Sniff, why ? What are the reasons ? He gives you a buggy version and then he say no ? Spock would say : "Illogical"

greetings,
pacdoc
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 11:19:14 PM »

Well,

In the first place he never gave permission to use the 'buggy' version too. It was released by someone related to the programmers of the Forum Arcade software who claimed that he had permission.
The programmer of Asteroids said to make no fuzz to people who use the buggy version as it is already wildly spread.
But for the de-bugged version he gives no permission.

Sorry... can't help it Mr Spock so... Live long and prosperous but play another game please  Wink

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: