Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 11, 2019, 12:35:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first encounter  (Read 1595 times)
Mk II
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« on: May 04, 2015, 09:26:14 PM »

Back in 1978 I was living in a suburb of Philips-town Eindhoven. My friend D's father worked at Philips and they always had the latest gear at home, often long before it was available to the general public (like a LaserDisc). But one day he brought back a shiny new VideoPac and a stack of games and our lives were changed forever. It was the first home console we ever played and we just couldn't get enough of it! Even though most of those early games were pretty naff we wasted many hours playing instead of doing our homework. Of course i badly wanted one for myself - or perhaps the new Atari 2600! - but my parents disagreed Smiley   

Many years later i finally bought my VideoPac at a local fleamarket. I've since collected a nice bunch of games, including a couple of the rarer releases like Newscaster and Super Cobra. But the rarest item in my Pac collection is probably a cardboard storage box

TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 09:57:10 PM »

Hi and welcome here. Thanks for your story.

Yes, the good old times. I got my G7000 at christmas together with my brother. The next nights were really short. Every early morning we stand up to play Videopac. My present was Videopac 22 and my brother got Videopac 34.
I spend hours of hours with Videopac 22 Space Monster.

I wish a lot of fun to complete your collection.

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 08:15:03 AM »

I use that stores container to store my plus games in.

8 bits of fun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: