Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
November 18, 2017, 12:16:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Game Boy games (from old b/w to GBA games)  (Read 3081 times)
Ozyr
Give this man a Jopac!

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« on: October 28, 2007, 11:13:53 PM »

Onto a somewhat more modern system, this time I'm covering the Game Boy (any model - not the DS).

Here is list in regards to the Game Boy, of which I have the original unit, a GBA, and a pair of SPs.

My favorite games for this system:

Activision Anthology (Aspyr Media, Inc.) - Plays a bit slower than a 2600, but I still love this set!
Bomberman - Classic NES Series (Nintendo) - This old classic still stands the test of time.
Legend of Zelda, The: The Minish Cap (Nintendo) - Very good adventure game - great graphics and sound.
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Nintendo) - I almost finished this truly outstanding game.
Mario vs. Donkey Kong (Nintendo) - Great platform game, with some nice graphics/sound.
Pinball of the Dead, The (THQ Inc) - This is probably my top pick here - great pinball game!
Space Invaders (Activisino) - Just love this game! (which explains my #1 place here in the forum Arcade - at least for now)

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 09:07:38 PM »

Tetris- it's the only game I remember playing.  I've never owned a gameboy but I played Tetris on my cousins.

manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 10:57:03 PM »

I had a gameboy years back and only one game ... tetris :-) was enough for me ...

sex, lies, and videopac
Ozyr
Give this man a Jopac!

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 12:10:39 AM »

What is it with Tetris!?  I'm guessing this was the old Tetris - not the new one that came out this year...

Oh well, guess I'm the only one here who likes handhelds..   I'm still trying to get a Odyssey2 emulator to work on my DS!

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 05:53:17 AM »

What is it with Tetris!?  I'm guessing this was the old Tetris - not the new one that came out this year...

Oh well, guess I'm the only one here who likes handhelds..   I'm still trying to get a Odyssey2 emulator to work on my DS!

Yes, atleast in my case it was the "old" tetris.  I've never seen any sales or production numbers for original game boy games but it had to be at or near the top.  Everyone I knew that had a gameboy had tetris.  I liked gameboy but we didn't have a lot of money growing up.  We played our fireman fireman game and watch for portable fun.
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 11:40:22 AM »

as far as I know, the gameboy was shipped with tetris ... that's why everyone had one :-)

sex, lies, and videopac
fernandotcl
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 07:02:36 PM »

There's an SDL port for the DS. It should be rather trivial to port ttear, I think, since it's pretty basic code. There's not much to see in ttear at the moment, though. :-P
revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

Twitter: @revival_studios / @bitstormgames

191265260975581 @revival_studios
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 10:16:01 PM »

Going for the classic gameboy games:

- motocross maniacs
- supermario land
- balloon kid
- zelda games

www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
www.bitstormgames.com - Indie games on PC, Mobile and Consoles
www.videopacgames.com - My own games and videogame collection for sale
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
Thinice
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 04:48:33 AM »

Mole Mania
Motocross Maniacs 2
Jeopardy
Donkey Kong Country

I tend to play more on the Gameboy adaptor for the Gamecube.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: