Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 12, 2019, 04:56:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nice Ice 2  (Read 7893 times)
Chris!
Give this man a Jopac!

« on: August 07, 2015, 01:50:19 PM »

Eli the Elf just won't leave Santa alone! It's December 23, and this time Eli has held Santa captive in the workshop. The workshop is a huge labyrinth, and it's up to Blitzen to free Santa from Eli's clutches. Hopefully once you free Santa, he has enough time to deliver his packages to the good little girls and boys!

This game actually has animation in it! I've got most of the engine done. I spent all night working on this. Let me know what you think. You can't really go anywhere yet, it's just one screen so far.

All my Odyssey2 projects, now in one place!
http://www.atari2600land.com/odyssey2.html
Chris!
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 03:01:19 AM »

I worked a little on the room changing part of the code. There are only three rooms so far, though: One down and one across of the starting room. If you go beyond these, you may get trapped or disoriented. I don't know how many rooms to put in. I was thinking it to be like level 3 of my Jack and the Beanstalk game for the Atari 2600 where you're in a castle with a whole bunch of different rooms and the goal is to get (in the game) the harp and the goose that lays the golden eggs before you can exit. Those items are in a random place every time. I'll probably redesign the rooms so there's always a certain place to put the items to get (one of which would be Santa in this game.) I hope to have at least 25 different rooms, which I have programmed it for. And if I add more, the total number of rooms would have to be divisible by 5 (i.e. 30, 35...) the way I programmed it. Or I could change the code.

Chris!
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 11:08:07 AM »

So I discovered that the maze can only have 23 rooms. It could probably have more, but I don't know of a way to make it bigger, with the code I've made for it, it seems like adding and subtracting to the room number and then show the grid for it. And even that way took me hours and a few attempts to get right. Which makes me wonder how big Mage is. What I have planned is this (to differ itself from that game): Put three items in the maze at random locations every time. The player then searches for the items and then once he has all them, goes to the exit (the same place you started). I want there to be a clock running, which would be the score (the lower the clock number, the better the score is). So that should be enough variety in game play to make the game interesting. This version has a 23-room maze. Let me know your thoughts on it. (Too big? Too small?) I also made a nifty title screen.

Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 03:52:21 PM »

Which makes me wonder how big Mage is.

Mage 3 has 64 rooms, Tutankham has 100 rooms.
daddy_scott
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 03:54:15 PM »

Love Tutankham!!  Wish I could find a copy.   Undecided
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 05:57:38 PM »

Both games are masterpieces. Tutankham from the eighties and the Mage series from the present. Martijn make a fantastic job. And Dieters Tutankham is wonderful. Too bad, that it is sold out. Maybe he make new ones when he go into retirement.  Cheesy

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
ScottyDont00
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 12:36:22 AM »

Both games are masterpieces. Tutankham from the eighties and the Mage series from the present. Martijn make a fantastic job. And Dieters Tutankham is wonderful. Too bad, that it is sold out. Maybe he make new ones when he go into retirement.  Cheesy

I vote for a second run of Tutankam!
Chris!
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 01:24:55 PM »

I hid Santa's Magic Bag in the game. It's one of three items to get in order to exit the workshop. You can't grab it yet, though. But it's hidden in a different random location every time. Let me know if it doesn't show up.

daddy_scott
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 08:47:51 PM »

I second that.  Motion carries.   Tongue
Chris!
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 02:09:30 AM »

I need help with random numbers. They're not random enough. Each room has a number. At the beginning of the game, one item is in a random place, but the other item is in the room right next to it. Is there a way to make the numbers more random? I attached my code.

ScottyDont00
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 07:01:52 PM »

I need help with random numbers. They're not random enough. Each room has a number. At the beginning of the game, one item is in a random place, but the other item is in the room right next to it. Is there a way to make the numbers more random? I attached my code.

Can't offer help but I did watch the video and looks good!
ScottyDont00
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 07:02:48 PM »

I second that.  Motion carries.   Tongue

If motion carries whos starting the pre-order list??   Huh? Roll Eyes Wink
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 09:48:16 PM »

I hear you guys  Wink

TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 11:14:30 PM »

You have many fans Dieter.

They only want to have the best from you... your games.  Cheesy

So much things you want to do, but not much time.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:42:25 AM by TomBeck » Logged

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 09:42:55 AM »

In the "titlescreenloop" you could start your own counter (increment a certain register), then when the player presses the action button the value of the counter will depend on the time that the player has waited. This value could be used as a second random value. (Or add it to the timer value first before using it.)

In your random function it would be better to replace "anl a,#016h" by "anl a,#01fh", otherwise you'll lose at lot of different values. After it you'll probably need to check if the value that you got is not too high.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 09:48:17 AM by Rene_G7400 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: