Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
August 12, 2020, 11:47:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [HELP NEEDED] PAL G7400 + PAL TV = Black & White picture :O  (Read 1002 times)
geezup
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« on: November 08, 2015, 03:43:32 AM »

Hello everyone!

First post here. I got a PAL G7400, (i actually have 2 of them), and it is showing black & white picture on my old PAL TV while the other one shows color picture. The one showing black and white, also have some problems on the keyboard with several keys not working. I suspect there is something wrong with the whole thing Sad

All my other videopacs shows color picture on the same TV. The G7400 has no Scart Port, so i doubt it is French (this TV does not support SECAM anyway, so would display nothing at all if the G7400  was French, and it is showing a pretty clear picture, but in black and white).

Any idea what could be causing the black and white screen ? Any IC i could replace ?

I read in this same forum for the keyboard it might be one of these ICs;  74LS148 and 74LS156, but didn't read anything about B/W picture (apart from Oddissey on PAL, or Eur ones on NTSC TVs, as it happens with all consoles).

I can solder and all that, but i'm not good at all tracing problems Sad Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 06:11:44 PM »

The IC that's responsible for the color signal is the TEA1002. You could first try to adjust the trimmer (variable capacitor) next to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: