Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 10, 2019, 08:34:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Request time... What type of game would you like to see on videopac/odyssey2?  (Read 5298 times)
daddy_scott
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 04:01:16 AM »

I liked the suggestion earlier of a Pitfall type game. I know we have Wildlife and I love it dearly, so it isn't a big priority.

But my biggest request at this very second (may change tomorrow, but probably not) would be to port a copy of Yar's Revenge from Atari. One of my favorite games on that system.

revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

Twitter: @revival_studios / @bitstormgames

191265260975581 @revival_studios
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 09:17:07 AM »

thanks for all the suggestions. Please also dont forget to rate the mentioned games 1 to 10

www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
www.bitstormgames.com - Indie games on PC, Mobile and Consoles
www.videopacgames.com - My own games and videogame collection for sale
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 12:58:58 PM »

Please also dont forget to rate the mentioned games 1 to 10

And here only your list:

[8] Exile (vertical shoot 'em up)
[6] Mayhem 2 (round-based, with railguns , lasers, etc.)
[2] V:Hockey (2-player only one on one icehockey game, similar to my vectrex release)
[1] Topview Racing game
[4] Defender style shoot'em up game
[5] Astrosmash (INTV) type game
[3] Bi-Plane arcade game (single and multiplayer)
[7] Jetpack cave exploration/collect-a-ton game
[9] Own idea = Pippols

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 12:52:36 AM »

Nice hockey game, classic style! Maybe should be hard to rate games.  Letīs take as example a Topview Racing game. If itīs just a Speedway type of game, so I think general interest is low, but   if itīs a kind of Super Bug arcade game it could have a bit higher interest etc

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBPe14I13Lk
revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

Twitter: @revival_studios / @bitstormgames

191265260975581 @revival_studios
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2016, 08:53:52 AM »

Nice hockey game, classic style! Maybe should be hard to rate games.  Letīs take as example a Topview Racing game. If itīs just a Speedway type of game, so I think general interest is low, but   if itīs a kind of Super Bug arcade game it could have a bit higher interest etc

I was thinking either a road-fighter type game (one of my favorite MSX games) with cars, trucks, maybe a litttle curving and skidding mechanism or more a track-based racing game like the super bug game you've shown

The reason i put in the different options, is because it is easier to get more data per game /an estimated idea of the kind of games you guys enjoy
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 08:59:06 AM by revivalstudios » Logged

www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
www.bitstormgames.com - Indie games on PC, Mobile and Consoles
www.videopacgames.com - My own games and videogame collection for sale
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2016, 01:38:41 AM »

[10] Defender style shoot'em up game - Williams is my fav. arcade maker.
[ 9] Mayhem 2 (round-based, with railguns , lasers, etc.) - sounds very Ody era action arcade game - I really like.
[ 8] Topview Racing game: With curves should be eally nice to see on Ody
[7] Exile (vertical shoot 'em up) - I like shooters, they also represents well Ody era
[6] Astrosmash (INTV) Intv is my 2nd fav console, should be nice to see an Intv game on Ody, but I think Astromash is the less interesting Intv shooter - Buzz Bombers should be great (PS.: I think CR already started Astromash)
[5] Bi-Plane arcade game (single and multiplayer) - Proably fun
[4] Jetpack cave exploration/collect-a-ton game - Something new for the Odyssey
[ 3 ] V:Hockey (2-player only one on one icehockey game, similar to my vectrex release) - It goes to top if have one player version. Sadly, games I used to play a lot (Smithreens, Gunfigther, SPin-out) never more was played Sad

What I like

1. Odyssey games
2. Odyssey era Arcade based games
3. Odyssey era arcade games
4. Other 2 generation games

Missing on Ody library

1. RPG
2. Strategy Action Games
3. Adventure games where the player need to take decision about objects to carry. eg. 2600īs Adventure/Haunted House
4. Individual Sport Games
5. A Digging Games, like Mr. Do,
6. Board Games, something like Clue should be interesting.
timdu
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 01:39:14 AM »

[10] Own idea - WIZARD OF WOR  - I think this would be a good fit .   Could you utilize THE VOICE as well?
[9] Topview Racing game - Could you combine ROAD FIGHTER and SPY HUNTER - the Atari versions used joystick buttons 1 and 2
     with a connector that held both joysticks together. I love SPY HUNTER!
[8] V:Hockey (2-player only one on one icehockey game, similar to my vectrex release) Would like to see this.
     Also please consider looking at ICE HOCKEY for the Atari 2600 for ideas. I like what you have so far in the screen shot.
     But I think we need solo play option like the Atari 2600 version
[7] Shufflepuck Cafe type of game - I had this on my black and white Macintosh years and years ago. Fun game.
     If you could utilize THE VOICE for insults... that would be funny (and awesome)
[6] Astrosmash (INTV) type game    I like this game for the INTV and 2600... I can see it using sprites similar to the sprites in UFO.
     With this type of game, I can always turn to the game on those systems... but I understand everyone does not own an INTV and an Atari 2600...
[5] Jetpack cave exploration/collect-a-ton game   You mean something like HERO for the Atari 2600? Very cool game.
     Isn't Rafael working on a similar project?
[4] Exile (vertical shoot 'em up)  Is this based on the Commodore 64 game / BBC MICRO game? Not familiar with it... had to look it up in youtube
[3] Mayhem 2 (round-based, with railguns , lasers, etc.)  I do not have Mayhem ; so hard for me to comment.
[2] Bi-Plane arcade game (single and multiplayer)   Don't we have AIR BATTLE ?  (BARAO VERMELHO)
[1] Defender style shoot'em up game   Don't we have FREEDOM FIGHTERS?  Maybe a CHOPPER COMMAND (for the Atari 2600 ) clone

Just my thoughts...

I do have to pick up some of your games. I don't have any.... And now I really want to get DINO DASH!

Tim
Draz_
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2016, 06:23:23 PM »

[1] Exile (vertical shoot 'em up)
[7] Mayhem 2 (round-based, with railguns , lasers, etc.)
[8] V:Hockey (2-player only one on one icehockey game, similar to my vectrex release)
[4] Topview Racing game
[2] Defender style shoot'em up game
[6] Astrosmash (INTV) type game
[5] Bi-Plane arcade game (single and multiplayer)
[3] Jetpack cave exploration/collect-a-ton game
[10] No idea

Videopac's not dead !
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2016, 11:57:41 PM »

[5] Jetpack cave exploration/collect-a-ton game   You mean something like HERO for the Atari 2600? Very cool game.
     Isn't Rafael working on a similar project?
Tim

No, Tim. In fact Iīm working a game that resembles HERO visually. Anyway itīs not a problem to have two games of same type. Back in the days we had a lot of maze and shooting games. At the end, is better to have 2 RPGīs for instance, than none.
Doug
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2016, 06:17:08 AM »

Something inspired by BEAMRIDER because the Odyssey 2 was made for fast action and grids...

Alternatively something modeled along the lines of the great puzzle game Short Circuit for the Apple II ... because the Odyssey 2 was made for displaying numbers and lines and a little man running through a maze...
ScottyDont00
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016, 02:46:56 AM »

And now I really want to get DINO DASH!

Tim

Dino Dash is really fun!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: