Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
October 18, 2017, 03:51:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Game! Free Food For Fish by Rafael! Pre-order now and overhere!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sirius Software games for Odyssey2  (Read 2508 times)
TomBeck
Post Axe Pete!

« on: May 08, 2016, 12:04:16 PM »

I was just reading an old article from the german Retro Gamer 3/2015. They always tell us storys about software companys. It`s very interesting to read. In this issue, was a story about Sirius Software. They wrote, in the small corner "Software Experte" that they make games for Apple II, Atari 8 bit Computer, C64, VC-20, Atari 2600, Intellivision, Magnavox Odyssey 2, MSX and IBM PSs.

Does anybody know, which game we have from Sirius Software  Huh?

I make pictures from the article. Maybe somebody knows a Odyssey2 programmer or a game...

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
Rafael
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 02:00:13 AM »

I was just reading an old article from the german Retro Gamer 3/2015. They always tell us storys about software companys. It`s very interesting to read. In this issue, was a story about Sirius Software. They wrote, in the small corner "Software Experte" that they make games for Apple II, Atari 8 bit Computer, C64, VC-20, Atari 2600, Intellivision, Magnavox Odyssey 2, MSX and IBM PSs.

Does anybody know, which game we have from Sirius Software  Huh?

I make pictures from the article. Maybe somebody knows a Odyssey2 programmer or a game...

I make some research, but I couldn´t find nothing. Is it some kind of interview, maybe we can try to contact someone. By the pics, I know some of these games by Atari.
Maybe it also could be a print mistake, back in the days we had here a Videogame Guide with all releases for Ody/2600 and Intv. There was a reporting for an Ody release, if I´m not wrong it was Chopper Command. Huh?
Chris!
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 02:59:14 AM »

Can you make the pictures smaller?

All my Odyssey2 projects, now in one place!
http://www.atari2600land.com/odyssey2.html
TomBeck
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 10:28:59 PM »

Can you make the pictures smaller?

Of course.

I know, that we have no game from Sirius Software. But maybe they have make a game, that were published under the Magnavox brand. Or was released only in Europe or Brazil. Or was never released. Or Retro Gamer make a mistake.  Roll Eyes

Chris!
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 12:21:32 AM »

Argh! It's in German!

All my Odyssey2 projects, now in one place!
http://www.atari2600land.com/odyssey2.html
TomBeck
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 12:57:55 AM »

Argh! It's in German!

Ähm, yes. That`s because, I wrote in my first post : "I was just reading an old article from the german Retro Gamer 3/2015."  Wink

They wrote sometimes, that many of the storys in the german Retro Gamer are translated from the UK Retro Gamer. So maybe, one of our many many members from the UK, can check there UK Retro Gamer, if he has this story in english and if they also wrote, that Sirius Software make games for the Odyssey2.

revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

Twitter: @revival_studios / @bitstormgames

191265260975581 @revival_studios
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 01:46:26 PM »

I believe they are the ones based in uk and did 2 educational titles for videopac/ o2 ? From what i once heard or read one was involving a monkey collecting letters to make words and the other one ( less further in development) was a math based game. 

Ofcourse i could be mixing up the company , but this was my first thought.

www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
www.bitstormgames.com - Indie games on PC, Mobile and Consoles
www.videopacgames.com - My own games and videogame collection for sale
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
TomBeck
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 09:33:09 PM »

Thanks for the info Martijn. So maybe, they make really something for Videopac/O2.

So again news for me, I didn`t heard before, like the Apollo games.

revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

Twitter: @revival_studios / @bitstormgames

191265260975581 @revival_studios
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 09:42:17 AM »

Thanks for the info Martijn. So maybe, they make really something for Videopac/O2.

So again news for me, I didn`t heard before, like the Apollo games.

Again, if i have the right company in mind, this was set up in UK by ex-apollo employees (or at least ex-apollo engineers were hired to do the job). AFAIK only the 2 games i mentioned were in development, with at least the spelling game either finished or in near-finished state , so that would be one for Marc to chase down ;-)

www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
www.bitstormgames.com - Indie games on PC, Mobile and Consoles
www.videopacgames.com - My own games and videogame collection for sale
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
Mux
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 06:45:40 PM »

There's actually a review of Sirius Software in this month's RetroGamer. They primarily worked on Vic/C64 stuff... Would have been awesome if they'd done O2 stuff too though!

-Mux
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: