Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
November 13, 2019, 05:53:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction (I'm a new member of this forum)  (Read 10967 times)
Elias
Attacked the Timelord

« on: June 06, 2016, 07:13:33 PM »

Hai Videopaccers,

I am new to this forum and would like to introduce myself. First of all I want to thank RenÚ van den Enden. He gave me this tip
and off course I want to thank Lillian and Robbert for letting me join this forum.
My name is Elias and I live in The Netherlands (Capelle aan den IJssel, near Rotterdam), I am 47 years old and this year
I'm 20 years married to my lovely wife. My job is and has always been "in the ICT-business" as they usually say ;-).

What is my story of Videopac? Well, I was a very young kid when I, for the very first time, experienced a videogame in the seventies.
That was (off course, what else) PONG!! :-). I always kept that experience in my mind and when I was about 12 years old I decided to
 "beg" my mother to buy me the Philips G7000 and I got one! My very first game was videopac nr. 6, bowling/basketball. It was amazing
and from that day on, I became addicted to playing this videogames. I always loved it when there was a new release. Off course the games
were very expensive for those day, I remember about 50,00 (hollandse) guldens (about 22 euro's). I remember that on one very lucky day
my mother found 100,00 guldens on the streets. I was with her and the first thing I immediately said was: "wow, now I can go to the game-store
and buy two videopac-games!". Lucky my, my mother was soooo nice that she gave me the money and let my buy the games :-).
I also liked the covers of the boxes. Nowadays I think that it was just a good trick of marketing, but who cares, I still like the covers and hard boxes
and the games let you stimulate your fantasy and it still works!!

Recently, for some kind of cosmic reason, I though: 'let's take a look at all the old carbon boxes with old stuff in the attic, maybe it's time to get rid off
a lot of things". But when I opened the one big box with the G7000 and games in it my heart said: "....are you out of your f***** mind?!!!", never sell this stuff!!!!,
it's too nostalgic and still beatifull to see!!" So I decided to keep it and even thought "Why not make this collection complete and put it somewhere in a nice place in
the house so that anyone and I myself can see them and enjoy the beauty of it" and off course sometimes even still play with it!! Why not? The games are still awesome!!

So, I am collecting videopac games a few months now to complete the 'official Phillips-release (nr. 1-60)".
When I became member of this forum about a week ago I was only missing three games (48, 57, 58). Off course one of the rare games. So I put a question on this forum
and lucky me, I could buy two of the three games thanks to Michael N°rgaard!!! Thanks, Michael!!! The games are on there way to Capelle aan den IJssel :-). Now I'm only
missing the game Backgammon and the BASIC-module. Almost completed the official release of Philips G7000/G7400. I'm glad I found this old hobby again 35 years later :-).
I'm sure I'm gonna meet more videopac-lovers in this forum. I'm  looking forward to it.

See you,
Elias

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 08:30:19 PM by Elias » Logged
ScottyDont00
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 07:18:40 PM »

Welcome! You have come to the right place. Lots of people to help to track down and find good deals on missing games, manuals, index cards, etc...
ptol
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 07:21:15 PM »

Welcome. I have a Basic module for sale on Marktplaats. Without box though.
Elias
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 07:41:26 PM »

Thank you.
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 09:17:29 PM »

Hi and welcome also from me.

It┤s always nice to see, that so many people has the same feelings about Videopac like me. I also couldn`t sell it and I am happy, that I have till now my games from the past.

I wish you a lot of fun here. And don`t miss some of the homebrews/new releases. There are some great games for your collection.

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 10:48:29 PM »

Welcome to the forum Elias.  Smiley
Rafael
Pedit5
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 11:21:33 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Elias.
Who had an Odyssey/Videopac never forget. Good luck wit your collection!
gertk
Post Axe Pete!

gertk64
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 06:10:55 AM »

FYI: You need a G7400 for that module, it won't work on a G7000

>>G7000 G7200(P+S) G7400 N60 JET27 VG5000 ZX80 ZX81 ORIC-1 COMX35 Aquarius<<
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 07:42:10 AM »

Welcome to the forum Elias! I will keep my eyes open for that #48 Wink

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 10:11:16 AM »

Welcome here ! Let's play VP!

Videopac digger
Elias
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 11:15:01 AM »

Welcome to the forum, Elias.
Who had an Odyssey/Videopac never forget. Good luck wit your collection!
Thanks!
Elias
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 11:16:20 AM »

FYI: You need a G7400 for that module, it won't work on a G7000
I also got a G7400 ;-) Thanx for the tip.
Elias
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2016, 12:34:04 PM »

Welcome to the forum Elias! I will keep my eyes open for that #48 Wink
Thank you!
Elias
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2016, 08:32:15 PM »

Thank you. I'll keep my eye on it. First priority are the games. You're the one from Rhoon? ;-)
Elias
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 08:36:46 PM »

Hi and welcome also from me.

It┤s always nice to see, that so many people has the same feelings about Videopac like me. I also couldn`t sell it and I am happy, that I have till now my games from the past.

I wish you a lot of fun here. And don`t miss some of the homebrews/new releases. There are some great games for your collection.
Thank you. I pre-ordered Spiderman now  Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: