Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 19, 2020, 07:14:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Dungeons and Dragon players here?  (Read 2891 times)
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« on: October 28, 2007, 04:27:38 AM »

Just happened to cross my mind, so I thought I'd see if any fellow O2/VP fellows are into D&D, or any type of RPG game (table top, not online)? Myself, I've been playing D&D since I was 12, and plan on doing so till they nail the coffin shut.

Currently running a 2+ year campaign using 3.5 rules. Do not  have plans on converting to 4E for a while (I have way to much 3.5 stuff to last for years).

So, any RPGers out there?

Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 12:12:04 AM »

Don't play any d&d. But i do play boardgames. I have at least 30 or so board games.

8 bits of fun
Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 02:56:29 AM »

Don't play any d&d. But i do play boardgames. I have at least 30 or so board games.

I've got a friend that is big time into board games. He's working at a specialty store till X-mas, that sells only board games - I don't know the name of the store though... (His wife it the big money-maker)!

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 05:25:37 PM »

So, any RPGers out there?

I was forbidden to play D and D when I was a kid.  My parents were worried I'd turn into the next Charles Manson (notorius cult leader/killer here in the states).  I grew up in a rural area and was never really exposed to it at school.  My Dad wouldn't by QfTR because he was afraid it was too much like D and D.  I now own two copies but sadly have never played it  Sad .  One of these days....

I'm not a fan of RPG video games either.  My brother LOVES them.  I guess I'm too simple minded, I like pluging a game in and blowing stuff up for instant gratification.  I can see the appeal if you like stories and building characters.  The closest I get is playing River City Ransom on Nintendo, there is enough fighting to make up for the boring mall where you purchase food/energy and weapons...
Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 07:06:32 PM »

Quest for the Rings to much like D&D!?  Not that is some really spooked out parents (no offense).

That is a little bit over protective of a kid. You missed out on a good game!

And yeah, I've dealt with enough people that still thing D&D is evil and all that crap. It just goes with the game. And that is just it - its a game - nothing more, nothing less.

ah well... each to their own.

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 08:12:30 PM »

Ya, I still tease my parents about how over protective they were.  Just remember back in the 80's all the National Media was bashing the game for the D&D murders and calling it a "satanic cult".  I know it was banned in some schools. 

That was the only exposure my parents had to the game.  Looking back it seems pretty crazy but at the time it was a big deal.  As I recall most of the Criminals that used D&D as a defense for killing were overuled because the kids/young adults would have likely killed anyway but were using the game as an excuse.   Roll Eyes

Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 08:48:33 PM »

Yup, just like video games - like GTA.

Personally, I think Pick Axe Pete is a very dangerous game, waving that pointy Axe all over the place!
 Wink

Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 11:20:00 PM »

And what to think about the indecend cover of blobbers. Way to bad for those young kids to watch. Maybe this caused the disaperence of the videopac?  Shocked May those fanatic people in amerika that think that the clouds in the lion king says sex are behind this. Maybe it's a conspiricy Huh?.

8 bits of fun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: