Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
August 25, 2019, 02:55:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frogger on O2EM  (Read 3071 times)
Chris!
Give this man a Jopac!

« on: June 29, 2016, 03:54:30 PM »

First off, the Frogger title tune is all messed up on O2EM, it plays in a weird register which lowers and garbles it up. Next, I have run into a problem that makes the game unplayable: All the characters will sometimes disappear on me and once you get to the upper screen, the game freezes. See the pictures I attached. I am using v1.20b5.

All my Odyssey2 projects, now in one place!
http://www.atari2600land.com/odyssey2.html
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 05:10:00 PM »

strange - I just tried it with the same version of o2em and it works - can you run the game, go to the debug window, type info and see if you get the same values as I do for System info? (see attached screenshot)
Region PAL is important, as well as all the hacks (otherwise it doesn't work properly ...)

sex, lies, and videopac
timdu
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 06:17:23 PM »

Chris

What version of the ROM are you playing with? Are you loading up the Brazilian release of Frogger?

Tim
Chris!
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 09:17:07 PM »

Well, the screenshots don't happen all the time, just once in a while. I'm using the file "pb_frogger.bin" in Rene's collection.

All my Odyssey2 projects, now in one place!
http://www.atari2600land.com/odyssey2.html
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 03:25:35 PM »

the rom should be the correct one - please try what I wrote and use the "info" command to see if your rom is recognized as "Frogger (PAL)" and the system is correctly set to PAL

sex, lies, and videopac
Rafael
Pedit5
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 03:07:29 PM »

First off, the Frogger title tune is all messed up on O2EM, it plays in a weird register which lowers and garbles it up. Next, I have run into a problem that makes the game unplayable: All the characters will sometimes disappear on me and once you get to the upper screen, the game freezes. See the pictures I attached. I am using v1.20b5.

Itīs looks like looks in a real brazilian Odyssey. I would like this version worked here. I think it's better (more challenging) than the version we had here.
Rafael
Pedit5
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 03:09:24 PM »

the rom should be the correct one - please try what I wrote and use the "info" command to see if your rom is recognized as "Frogger (PAL)" and the system is correctly set to PAL

I tried it here. The game is running normally.
PERENE
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 06:02:49 PM »

I tried both Frogger ROMs from Rene's VIDEOPAC page and they both have the same issue. The brazilian one is worse, however both don't sound right in O2EM 1.20.

However in MAME it does sound OK.

Read my thread for more details:
http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php?topic=2895.0

Or this thread directly:
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=363945&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1&new=#Post363926

There's a video I posted (the link is in MAMEWORLD) where you can hear how Frogger sounds in MAME and O2EM.
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 09:22:21 AM »

That's because Frogger uses a special way to generate sounds that is currently not supported by O2em.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: