Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
January 27, 2020, 01:56:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Completely sealed parker games  (Read 4830 times)
Elias
Attacked the Timelord

« on: September 23, 2016, 03:49:03 PM »

I'm very proud to be the owner of 4 sealed parker games. They are still originally sealed with plastic, never opened.
I also have a never opened sealed Demon Attack grey. The sealed games were in a box with other games together with a very, as good as
new, Siera console. I think the one and only first owner never took time to play with it and dumped it in a neat box in the attic so that
the games and console could wait more then 35 year for me to be the next owner Smiley

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 05:40:49 PM by Elias » Logged
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 04:54:31 PM »

Congratulations Elias. Nice find.

It took some time for me, to find all 4 Parker games sealed. But I am also proud of them.

You wrote, that you have a sealed grey Atlantis. But I think, itīs a sealed Demon Attack, when I look at the pictures. Sealed Imagic games are really rare. Itīs difficult to get them in good condition.

I am very happy, that I have my grey Demon Attack since the eighties in very good condition. Yes, I was ever good to my games. Of course I opened it and play the game back in the days.... Shocked

Damn, how could I open it... Cheesy

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
Elias
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 05:40:14 PM »

Congratulations Elias. Nice find.

It took some time for me, to find all 4 Parker games sealed. But I am also proud of them.

You wrote, that you have a sealed grey Atlantis. But I think, itīs a sealed Demon Attack, when I look at the pictures. Sealed Imagic games are really rare. Itīs difficult to get them in good condition.

I am very happy, that I have my grey Demon Attack since the eighties in very good condition. Yes, I was ever good to my games. Of course I opened it and play the game back in the days.... Shocked

Damn, how could I open it... Cheesy
Thanks. Ah, you're right. Demon Attack off course. Duh, where was I ?  Cheesy. Nice that you've also got Parker sealed games! I have all the games also unsealed in good condition. Demon Attack / Atlantis both also unsealed in grey and yellow. I also have an Atlantis of which the cartridge is in good condition, but the box in very very bad condtion (grey). Want to sell that in the future.
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 07:01:16 PM »

The same here:  Parker games unsealed in good condition and sealed, and Imagic games in yellow and grey.

Why could we find Paker games sealed, but it`s damn hard to find Imagic games in good condition  Huh?

Elias
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 11:30:32 PM »

The same here:  Parker games unsealed in good condition and sealed, and Imagic games in yellow and grey.

Why could we find Paker games sealed, but it`s damn hard to find Imagic games in good condition  Huh?
Picture looks great! I think the boxes of Imagic games are too fragile to stay in good condition after so many years  Smiley. When you have to take out the cartridge you have to take the whole inside plastic out. I can imagine that gamers left the inside plastic out of the box while playing and that left a fragile outside box on the floor : Oooops, I just stood on the Imagic box on the floor..... Cheesy
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 12:40:41 AM »

Yeah, some Imagic boxes look exactly that happens.  Cheesy

Parker had great stable game boxes. After so many years, many of them have a good condition.

But the OSCAR goes to ............. Philips, for the amazing Videopac plastic boxes!  Grin

Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 07:28:36 AM »

But the OSCAR goes to ............. Philips, for the amazing Videopac plastic boxes!  Grin

Hell yeah! It may not have been the best console but it's boxes sure were number one Cheesy
They will be around in a thousand years! Now which Atari game can say that abour its packaging?

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 04:53:04 PM »

Thatīs very nice. Sealed Odyssey games brings great memories.  Smiley
How I loved to break those seals and feel that new smell that spread in the air. Roll Eyes
Elias
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 05:07:04 PM »

Yeah, some Imagic boxes look exactly that happens.  Cheesy

Parker had great stable game boxes. After so many years, many of them have a good condition.

That's one thing for sure. I love the videopac boxes, that's one of the reasons I love to collect the games  Cheesy
Elias
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 05:08:27 PM »

Thatīs very nice. Sealed Odyssey games brings great memories.  Smiley
How I loved to break those seals and feel that new smell that spread in the air. Roll Eyes
That's really true, I remember that also, but these five games I will never open after 35 years  Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:54:37 PM by Elias » Logged
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 12:56:12 AM »

That's really true, I remember that also, but these five games I will never open after 35 years  Cheesy

Yes Smiley
Thatīs the right thing to do.
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 05:07:01 AM »

Keep in mind that shrinkwrap tends to shrink more over the years and it will eventually warp or dent your weaker boxes. I'm sure the Parker boxes won't be affected but I would keep an eye on your Imagic's.

When I find sealed Atari games I unseal them.

Elias
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 08:47:45 AM »

Keep in mind that shrinkwrap tends to shrink more over the years and it will eventually warp or dent your weaker boxes. I'm sure the Parker boxes won't be affected but I would keep an eye on your Imagic's.

thanks for the advice!  Smiley
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 01:15:42 PM »

You unseal a sealed Atari game  Huh? ........ Shocked Shocked Shocked

There is a reason, why Atari games were sealed. Someday you open Pandora`s box when you break the seal.

Cheesy

Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 07:56:11 PM »

You unseal a sealed Atari game  Huh? ........ Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yes, I bought two sealed games today and will unseal them soon, muuuuuhahahaha!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: