Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
May 29, 2022, 01:22:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lady Frog  (Read 5626 times)
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« on: December 11, 2016, 11:43:27 PM »

I just was imagining how  an "one screen" could be. So I started this project. Since we already have Frogger, Lady Frog will have its own adventure.

timdu
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 01:27:34 AM »

Rafael

What a great start!  I love it.

I like games that are on one solitary screen.

I would love to publish this on cartridge in 2017!  If all goes well and you are able to finish and complete.

Here is a screen shot of the game running on my emulator...

Just as PAC-MAN has MS. PAC-MAN, we need to have a female version of FROGGER.

Again, what a pleasant screen to look at! Congratulations on a wonderful start , my friend!

Tim

LD
Pedit5
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 12:06:23 AM »

Very cool!
Tom Beck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 06:37:38 PM »

Indeed  Cool !

Fogger deluxe edition.  Wink

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
Now also on youtube: Tom Beck collect...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9y7Vo_qyvr1ByhEhHSOLgw
LS650
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 06:31:27 PM »

Looks great!  This will make a great new release!
grips03
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 03:29:33 PM »

I just saw your post looking for feedback for games.  Lady Frog screen shot looks good and I'll give some feedback later today.  One bit of feedback I have is that all games need to have pause and for a new game in 2017 not to have pause is a real let down.  The phone does ring, people sometimes need a bio break, the postman rings the door bell, etc.  I would recommend using space bar for pause, unless there is some other known key is used by other games.  For un-pause I would use joystick movement, action button, or space bar.  I know one might be able to add hardware hack to add CPU halt/pause, however that is inaccessible to people who don't solder and can't play around with electronics for one reason or another.  Adding features others have not added in the past is a good thing as these games are meant for a home console and not the arcade.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 05:06:10 PM by grips03 » Logged
grips03
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 06:08:38 PM »

feedback left via email
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 12:26:06 AM »

One bit of feedback I have is that all games need to have pause and for a new game in 2017 not to have pause is a real let down.  The phone does ring, people sometimes need a bio break, the postman rings the door bell, etc.  I would recommend using space bar for pause, unless there is some other known key is used by other games.  For un-pause I would use joystick movement, action button, or space bar.  I know one might be able to add hardware hack to add CPU halt/pause, however that is inaccessible to people who don't solder and can't play around with electronics for one reason or another.  Adding features others have not added in the past is a good thing as these games are meant for a home console and not the arcade.

When I was making Happy Bird, Timdu sugested pause and I tried, but something wnet wrong. But, like I said you in another topic, you just remembered that somebody was working on
a pause for Odyssey. Maybe a voice/plus, pause and EuroPal (to make possible to play games like backgammon etc) module. I just found the videos:

http://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxgBrPlFddpCRzRacUdNSThaOGc/view
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxgBrPlFddpCckx6STNkTGx0M0U/view

Complementing. In the first video "Speedway" it shows that the "pause" is working but the sound is also paused, generating an annoying noise. The other video, with Helicopter Rescue (US), seems that the sound problem has been solved. He also comments that for testing purposes he left the Odyssey paused for 20 minutes and then returned to the game smoothly.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:36:19 AM by Rafael » Logged

grips03
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 02:19:43 AM »

On Colecovision its possible to add a dual pole dual throw switch in order to cancel any strange noise.  i.e. one pole for halting cpu and one pole to cut audio.  Perhaps on O2 it is possible as well?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 02:37:09 AM by grips03 » Logged
Doug
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 09:09:59 PM »

I have a suggestion to make this unique and better than the games on other systems - as it should be with an Odyssey 2/Videopac game!

Include a 2 player mode to see who can get to the top of the screen the fastest, or perhaps the most times.

There's an Atari 8-bit prototype that has a mode like that, it works very well (and of course there's the fun Atari 2600 game freeway, though it doesn't let you go left or right). 
timdu
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 02:04:34 AM »

Doug

That's funny - we must be thinking alike because I made the same suggestion to Rafael in a private email on January 14.
Rafael said he likes the idea. But as of right now, due to some other obligations, he has to take a brief hiatus from programming at this point in time.
I am hoping he can add this feature, as I think it will make it lots of fun!

Can you point me to a link for the Atari 8-bit computer prototype that has simultaneous game play? I'd like to try it under an emulator.

thanks,

Tim
Doug
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 08:52:08 PM »

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-frogger_12181.html
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 01:45:14 AM »

I have a suggestion to make this unique and better than the games on other systems - as it should be with an Odyssey 2/Videopac game!

Include a 2 player mode to see who can get to the top of the screen the fastest, or perhaps the most times.

There's an Atari 8-bit prototype that has a mode like that, it works very well (and of course there's the fun Atari 2600 game freeway, though it doesn't let you go left or right). 

Yes, it was a "great minds think alike" case, like Tim wrote. IŽll see what I can do about it.

(I'll still be a little busy because of my postgraduate degree)

Doug
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 03:51:12 PM »

Yes, it was a "great minds think alike" case, like Tim wrote. IŽll see what I can do about it.

You are prioritizing a postgraduate degree over the Odyssey 2??!
ScottyDont00
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 04:51:32 PM »

You are prioritizing a postgraduate degree over the Odyssey 2??!

You need to get you priorities straight Rafael!!!!  Wink   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: